Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 342017 times)

Offline tauruck

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #195 on: April 05, 2013, 12:30:55 AM »
Joe, you've been quiet. That must mean you're very busy. :-D

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2013, 09:31:14 AM »
I've been real busy! Just not with Hank.  :cry: Shop has been busy, and my personal life has been just as bad. Hate to say it guys, but ole Hank's debut may be world finals, or worse yet... Next year.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2013, 10:26:55 AM »
Good news! The pot I keep all my money to spend on Hank is slowly strating to fill back up! Looks like I'll be back at it soon! Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions. Stay tuned!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2013, 11:22:53 AM »
Good news! The pot I keep all my money to spend on Hank is slowly strating to fill back up! Looks like I'll be back at it soon! Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions. Stay tuned!
I hope you are able to harvest a good crop and get a good return on your investment :-D
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline salt27

« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2013, 09:23:09 PM »
I hope you are able to harvest a good crop and get a good return on your investment :-D

Is this some kind of  Colorado inside joke? :roll:

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2013, 11:23:32 PM »
Pot, Colorado = weed, smoke, Maryjane. oh never mind :-D
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline tauruck

« Reply #201 on: May 04, 2013, 02:49:56 AM »
Frank!!!! :-D. Joe, you'll get there pal. Patience brother. :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #202 on: May 06, 2013, 11:25:57 AM »
HAHAHAHAHA!!! I some times wonder if I was smoking pot when I decided to start this project!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #203 on: May 10, 2013, 03:27:42 AM »
Hey Joe, remember the wheel discs?. Here are a couple of images of the prototype. I goofed on the mixing ratio on the Epoxy. It's a new system and the experienced genius that I am I neglected to check the spec sheet. It's flexible as heck but the mold works and I like the shape. I'll be doing a set in between the other graft I have going on. These are for a non Pot smoking application. 8-)

Offline tauruck

« Reply #204 on: May 10, 2013, 03:30:07 AM »
One more. I've never seen a disc in the flesh so my version is domed which will ultimately make the finished product stiffer etc.

Offline Jon

« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2013, 06:09:21 AM »
Nice work Mike, what did you use for the original mold?

jon
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #206 on: May 10, 2013, 08:17:05 AM »
Now that is slick. I can send you a 15" moon disc with the dzus dimples in them if you would like. :cheers:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline SteveM

« Reply #207 on: May 10, 2013, 08:42:33 AM »

Very Nice!

Moon actually "rents" (full deposit upon return) a template for dimpling disks and locating Dzus fasteners as well.  I used it when I did my non-dimpled disks about a month or so ago.

Here's a link to a pictorial and description about dimpling, drilling, and mounting Moon style disks.

http://www.streetrodderweb.com/tech/1101sr_installing_moon_discs/viewall.html

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline tauruck

« Reply #208 on: May 10, 2013, 10:49:42 AM »
Guys, we have a barbeque pan here called a Skottel. It's based on a plow disc. I have two of them here so I used one as a pattern. Frank, I have dzus stuff here by the hundreds so when the time comes I'll insert three mounts on the mold. My mounting system is a little different and doesn't use fasteners  :-D :-Dbut for my two friends I'll have to butcher the system.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #209 on: May 10, 2013, 11:15:44 AM »
Awesome Mike!!  :-o Those look great! Not bad for a barbeque mold!  :cheers: