Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 341885 times)

Offline tauruck

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2013, 12:25:09 AM »
That's so cool. I can just imagine the sound it will produce. I'm still in love with your front wheels though. :-D I'm busy on some Moon discs with a twist!. :evil:

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2013, 01:58:47 AM »
LSR, the build is really coming along nicely. I just started and finished reading it tonight. Keep up the great work and looking foward to keeping up on this.

gkabbt

« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2013, 05:14:27 AM »
Joe, That inline 302 REALLY looks good sitting in there and with that straight axle.....Man!  :cheers:

Gregg

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2013, 08:20:08 AM »
Wow, Joe, you're moving fast!

Did you ask Bill Harris about HP mods for the Jimmy? I'm sure he still has some for sale!
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #139 on: March 19, 2013, 09:42:56 AM »
I did Buddy. By the time I got in touch with him though, he had gotten rid of most of his pieces parts.  :-( It's all good though! I am very happy to be over this first big hump!  :-D The rest of the car should come together pretty well now!

And Thanks for the kudos Frankie!  :cheers:
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline SteveM

« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2013, 10:08:05 AM »
You are making fantastic progress! :-o

Steve
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2013, 10:29:14 AM »
 :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2013, 12:05:54 AM »
It's late, and I'm tired, but ole Hank has a transmission crossmember and motor mounts cut out!  :-D Hopefully by tomorrow evening the drivetrain will be hanging in the car without the aid of wooden blocks and jack stands!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline tauruck

« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2013, 01:33:26 AM »
Way to go. Thanks for the update. Enjoy the rest Joe. :cheers: You'll get there.

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2013, 02:29:03 PM »
That bellhousing is way too shiny and pretty, throw some ditry on it or wipe some grease and oil on it  :lol: Looking good!

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2013, 02:48:47 PM »
That bellhousing is way too shiny and pretty, throw some ditry on it or wipe some grease and oil on it  :lol: Looking good!

Oil stain under the bellhousing helps make a statement...
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2013, 03:22:56 PM »
Pretty bad when there isn't even an oil pan on the enigne and you have leaks! Luckily this trans is only for mock up. I have a nice new T10 that, I hope, won't leak.  :-D

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2013, 08:44:37 PM »
Getting the plates that will bolt to the block drilled right now!   :lol:  Waiting for a weld to cool off on the passenger side plate. Driver side went smooth as butter but one whole one the passenger side well... Like the old Johnny Cash song goes, "when we went to bolt it all up, all the holes were gone." And actually it was only one hole,  :x and said hole does not exist anymore thanks to the welder!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2013, 11:00:46 PM »
Good news! I found the missing hole on the passenger side mount and.... Taaaa Daaaaaa!!

:-D I HAVE DRIVETRAIN INSTALLED!!  :-D

It may not be very functional, but you can bet yer a$$ I sat in the seat and made engine sounds!

This weekend I'll be framing in the floor and firewall! This thing may actually start to look like a car again soon!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2013, 11:06:10 PM »
The mounts look goofy because they are! Neither one is the in the same location on the block. One is higher than the other, and the other sits a little further back. Not like the SBC stuff I have dealt with for the last 15 years!