Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 341967 times)

Offline lsrjunkie

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2013, 06:13:24 PM »
Ton of progress today! My car has four wheels, it is actually suspended and can finally be moved around!  :-D Added a few more bars to the cage and now I am in desperate need of my trans adapter! need to get my engine and trans mocked up so I can send the engine to the machine shop.

Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline tauruck

« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2013, 09:35:52 PM »
It's a great feeling when the rubber hits the floor. You forgot to show us the wheels. :-)

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2013, 08:51:25 PM »
Well, still waiting on my trans adapter.  :cry: I understand it's a semi custom made peice, but 7 weeks is an awful long time. At least it is when a guy is working against a five month deadline!

Been doing as much as I can at this time. Thought about putting the roof back on, but, the extra room sure will be nice when it comes time to build the floor and tranny tunnel. Been adding some gussets to the frame and the cage, doing a little bit of tinkering. Good news is the cylinder head is at the machine shop getting the ole once over. I came across another head and the price was right so I can use it for mock up while the "good" head is being worked on. Wish me luck, gonna head back out to the shop and get a bit more done before I need to head home. Hopefully this darn adapter will show up before the weekend!

And tauruck, there is some pictures of my wheels and tires earlier on in this project. I'd take some pics of them on the car but there is too much crap around the car right now. Gotta love trying to build something in the middle of a busy repair shop!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline tauruck

« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2013, 12:59:52 AM »

You're a man after my own heart. About too much stuff around the car, don't sweat I'm in the same situation.  Have you fallen or tripped over some of the obstacles yet?. :-D

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2013, 09:35:31 AM »
Only one time that resulted in kicking, cussing and throwing fit!  :-D Gonna try to get the guys to relocate some of their crap today and hopefully make everyones life a little easier!

Pray that UPS shows today. If not, I may be forced to partake in a weekend of snowboarding and beer. Which I would not complain about, but those things are not very condusive to making it to the salt in August.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2013, 10:49:36 AM »
I was face down on the concrete yesterday. I was holding a pail of resin in one hand and luckily it wasn't full. I never spilled a drop but it must have looked like the best touch down ever. I have these stands that have legs like an inverted V. It's not the first time either that I've crashed :-D :-D I hope Brown Santa gets there for you man. I've been on skis in Austria but that was way before boards. How many guys do you know that finish a race car on time????? :cheers:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2013, 12:05:29 PM »
Hopefully I am one of the guys that does!  :cheers: I am blessed with a very stubborn and/or persistent personality, as well as a very understandable employer! Thanks to him I have full access to the shop at any time! Makes working on the car pretty darn convenient!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2013, 08:35:26 PM »
Well kids, got a little more done tonight. Figured you all deserve some pictures of the nearly complete chassis. I used the fact that the car moves now to put it on one of the lifts here and do some more welding, as well as add some gussets to the frame.

As for my missing trans adapter, I was informed this afternoon that it will be shipped at the beginning of next week.  :roll: I sure hope so!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2013, 08:37:24 PM »
Couple more pics. Enjoy!  :cheers:

Offline tauruck

« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2013, 01:01:45 AM »
It looks cool Joe. What wheels are you using up front?

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2013, 09:35:24 AM »
Thanks Mike! My front wheels are 15X5 with two and a half or three inches of backspacing. Got them from Marsh Racing.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2013, 11:34:51 AM »
Very nice looking wheels.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2013, 03:09:47 PM »
Well folks, looks like I'm back in business!!  :-D My trans adapter showed up this morning!! Took awhile but it sure is a nice piece. Thanks to Steve at Buffalo Enterprises!  :cheers:

Hopefully I can get some motor mounts made and the trans cross member in this week. Stay tuned!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2013, 07:25:59 PM »
I never asked what motor you're running. The adapter looks good Joe.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #134 on: March 18, 2013, 08:36:25 PM »
Well Mike, here ya go!

It's a late 1955 GMC 302 inline six out of an old military truck (deuce and a half, I believe). I actually got the block and crank from Bill Harris. Whom I can't say enough good things about! Bill ran an old Camaro at Bonneville and El Mirage with the same engine for quite a few years.

Got everything sitting where it needs to be, and some idea of what I need to do for motor mounts. Too late today to get steel, but I'll get some rounded up tomorrow and hopefully have the engine and trans situated in their new home.