Author Topic: Belly tank diameter question  (Read 22987 times)

Offline John Burk

Re: Belly tank diameter question
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2014, 02:20:19 PM »
No recent photo . Old ones are at :

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.motorsportsinnovations.com%2FBvile-pics%2Fbonneville.htm&ei=gixyVMLvGtPksASovYCACg&usg=AFQjCNHaLihrMPnJzYzPtcp1T3ZueYW0OQ&bvm=bv.80185997,d.eXY

Progress is slow and steady . One slow old fabricator doing most of the work . Every turn some new interesting riddle to solve . One recent idea to work out is something to eliminate the ground effect suction under the nose . My thought is a 36" 66-021 plan view perimeter skirt under the middle of the nose with an opening in front to create just enough pressure to offset the low pressure there . The question is what size should the skirt be and how big the opening in front and should it be aluminum or rubber .

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2014, 07:35:29 PM »
John, Looks great but you had better step on it as Charles Nearberg has the record pushed up to around 355 now. Man you have done a lot of work, great engineering.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline DND

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2014, 10:50:54 PM »
Take a look at Andy Welker's tank build log, as he did a great job and he used shelf brackets and steel hose clamps to hold all the parts together and see if it all fit before even tacking or welding

Plus check out his fab skills as all the brackets are spot on the money

He built a first class race car with a Hilborn flathead for power

G Don

Offline hotrodderhaag

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2014, 08:27:49 AM »
gents,
when i say cert chassis, i mean he is doing  it the way NHRA would. . not saying it has to be certified. He is doing all DOM tubing and we decided to go with the style of andys tank an d use bent channel for the chassis, with round tubing for the cage and such.

mike is just an excellent tig welder and has a nice frame jig, so he will be helping me get it built..my role book is coming. im not touching anything until it arrives and i spend a few days getting to know all this land speed information ,
remember guys, this is all new to me!   :lol:

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2014, 01:11:46 AM »
... and i spend a few days getting to know all this land speed information ...
Speedreader? :-o
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020