Author Topic: Belly tank  (Read 2475 times)

Offline hotrodderhaag

Belly tank
« on: January 13, 2013, 11:48:52 PM »
I'm looking for a belly tank. Any type of material is wanted any shape or size . I just want something to build . I'm not building a spec race car. I'm building a tank car that will prob never leave my garage . Please let me know what you have . Best is to call or text 724-301-4736

Offline salt27

Re: Belly tank
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 12:01:24 AM »
If you P.M. Elmo Rodge, he may have a line on one.

Don

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 12:02:14 AM »
Hey Haag,

as stated, ( thanks Don)you could do worse than buying one of Wayno's 'glass P38's...seek him out here under "Elmo Rodge"

My suggestion would be to keep an eye on the rules, there are two good, well considered reasons for this.Firstly, if you ever want to sell it( or someone else wants to  realise your estate) then it is worth a whole lot more of it can be raced or at least upgraded to race spec. Secondly , you don't hang around this stuff for long without getting the bug, just build a P38 and one day, somehow, we'll see you on the salt and you won't begrudge any of us for it. :cheers:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 12:17:31 AM by SPARKY »
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline hotrodderhaag

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 07:09:42 AM »
 8-)

ill see waht i can find. and yes i do believe you guys are right. i tell my wife its going to be a garage piece and she smiles and says sure, im sure you wont get carreid away with this one, as you did with all the others.

where can i find a rule book..?

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 07:29:48 AM »
On the left side of the homepage of this site are links to the organizations that sanction meets at the various venues.

Ed

Offline wschwarz

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 06:27:14 PM »
Did you ever find a belly tank? I have two off a F111. Kiwi Sid built a 2 seater push car out of one if you have seen his at the salt. Thanks,
Werner

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 08:08:00 PM »
I also have four new F4 tanks, one more F101 tank & one F5 tank & I stopped bringing any more home.
  Tanks, Sid. :-D

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 11:56:07 AM »
One4 for sale on Racing Junk and one on HAMB Parts.,