Author Topic: Tough Truck.  (Read 1421 times)

Offline JustaRacer

Tough Truck.
« on: December 28, 2012, 04:13:21 PM »
Yesterday my friend Jeff was working on a customer truck, went inside for a minute, and somebody hopped into the customer truck and took off.  Luckily, he had not removed the speed limiter from it yet, so it wouldn't exceed 96mph.  After chasing the guy for miles in his hotrod truck, the crook lost control and rolled it 7-8 times at full speed.  The guy jumped out of the truck, and Jeff tried to chase him on foot through the forest, but the guy ditched him.  When law enforcement showed up, they asked where the body was, and Jeff said he ran into the woods.  The LEO's did not bother pursuing the crook.

Now, what does a 6980 lb (CC/SB 4x4 empty weight, I own the same kind) truck look like when rolled 8 times at 96mph on pavement?  

EDIT:  No politics.  Jeff is a pro driver and National Champion, not a grease monkey.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 04:20:51 PM by JustaRacer »
My doctor told me to go out and kill people.
Well, sort of.  He told me to reduce the stress in my life.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Tough Truck.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 04:20:43 PM »
What is the panel on the pavement between the two guys---the tail gate is still on the truck!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline JustaRacer

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 04:21:48 PM »
It did tear the drivers door completely off.  Perhaps the perp tried to open the door while it was still rolling?  Dunno.  That object is the inside driver's door panel.

DOH!  Yeah, that's probably the door to the right.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 04:25:39 PM by JustaRacer »

Offline JustaRacer

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 09:56:13 AM »
Update.  Police are not interested in the case.  They don't even want to look at the ID found in truck.  Sadly, this is common today.  It's not like TV.

Sadly, the customer's insurance company is probably going to come after Jeff, not the crook, for the damages to the truck, since the crook was not caught.