Author Topic: Looks like Slim is ready for winter...  (Read 7893 times)

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
Re: Looks like Slim is ready for winter...
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 08:08:59 AM »
Try this Jon
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Cameradude

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 06:13:15 PM »
Hey Slim,

Do you have your quota of snow in da UP this winter? Why, cuz we had some whitestuff in Scottsdale and Tucson AZ. Poor Tiger Woods froze his you know what off. Was white for awhile anyway, made for some cool pics.....

Keep warm
Go fast, be safe, drive it like you stole it. Love life, your friends and the USA.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 08:39:18 PM »
Well, now that you ask, no - we're way short of the amount of snow that we should have by this time of the season.  We've had - including the 2 feet or so that feel earlier this week -- about 9 feet.  By now we should have closer to 11 or even 12 feet for the winter.  Snow is a big part of the annual precipitation total.  I'd tell you about the hassles of getting the Bobcat stuck/broke down out in the woods, and then, once I got it running, having the battery absolutely die when I finally returned to the house -- but you'd laugh so hard you probably wouldn't get to sleep tonight.  Instead -- here - - take a look at one of the local races that we have during the winter:  http://trenaryouthouseclassic.com/

As for snow this past week - - here are two photos Nancy took.  The first is me standing just behind the drift by our back door.  We've got a plastic tarp "tunnel" to keep the last ten feet of the sidewalk snow-free, but this'll show you the drift just outside that tunnel.  Yes, it's about d*ck deep. 

The second shot is one of our apple trees, shot from inside the house.  The first four feet of the trunk are outs sight - buried in snow.

There you have it - and I bet you'd love to come up here for a visit now, wouldn't you?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 11:04:26 PM »
as I recall the snow is supposed to be d*ck (the root, not the tip) deep in the U.P. this time of year... We just had 15 inches N of Wichita... spent the day on the tractor clearing driveways in the neighborhood.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 12:39:44 AM »
  Hey you dudes with all the S's fer names...... don't be eatin no yeller snow................ and some day I will tell you the story of my perfect ass gasket installation in Fairbanks, Ak in minus 30 weather................ Ol' One Run, out.............
p.s. Stainless, have you had time to anylize my Carrillo's yet?
Bob Drury

Offline JimL

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 11:09:10 AM »
Sorry I'm late to the meeting, Slim.  You need to run thinner oil in the 1000i.  It gets the oil moved around and not returned well enough, and it wont make enough heat to thin it out.  This had me stumped until I tried 5w-20 and figured it out.  I go just a little over fill in freezing weather, also.

Sometimes it will run for 15-20 minutes before it gets the oil moved enough to force a low oil shutdown.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 11:11:35 AM by JimL »

Offline Cameradude

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 03:32:59 PM »
Hey Slim, You look good , ____ deep in snow. Thanks for Trenary stuff looks like fun. That clear cold air is great for your system.  Just think what sucking in that cold stuff in the bike engine what kind of HP you could produce.  Don't think about freezing your face at 200 MPH.  Stay well.
Go fast, be safe, drive it like you stole it. Love life, your friends and the USA.

Offline maj

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2013, 08:21:09 PM »
Slim i was thinking about you the other day when passing through a little town in the Victorian (AU) high country
no snow pics here  :wink:

not much more than a strange abandoned fuel stop and a couple of signs

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Seldom+Seen+Rd,+Brumby+Victoria+3885&hl=en&ll=-37.113788,148.242388&spn=0.041135,0.098877&oe=UTF-8&geocode=FWi9yf0dZpbVCA&hnear=Seldom+Seen+Rd,+Brumby+Victoria+3885&t=m&z=14&iwloc=A

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 01:07:21 PM »
Thankfully, He has traded the bikes for a hotrod................
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.