Author Topic: What is the outright P-P World Land Speed record  (Read 13221 times)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: What is the outright P-P World Land Speed record
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 01:14:19 PM »
OK, yes that would be the case.... forgot that part  :|
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline sabat

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 02:57:12 PM »
When Stainless says it - I go to the rulebook. But I couldn't find anything spelled out - is this actually in the book somewhere?

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 03:25:52 PM »
Dean, I checked the rule book, also. It does not spell it out, but you can't run a Busa in 1650p/p. You can bore and stroke to the limit of the class the stock displacement puts you in. 1299 and 1340 Busas can be taken to 1350. 1353 and 1440 ZX14s can be taken to 1650. I am sure the confusion with Jacks bike comes from being Forstall and Broomall entry. Larry is usually associated with Suzuki MC's.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2014, 06:55:43 PM »
Unh, minor point, Fred.  Our 1352(3) ZX14 ran out of metal, so to speak, when Steve got us to about 1530 cc.  Sure wish we could have got a bunch closer to 1650.  Jack Broomall started with the newer-issue 14 -- the 1440(1) and bore/stroked -- and now holds the record that Nancy had for a while.  I don't remember his displacement, but I'm confident it was more than 1530.

It does show that the 'Busa aero is better than the 15.  We've beat our heads against the 205 wall over and over, and Jack has maybe touched 207.  Just cain't get there.  I know -- better salt is what we need, right? :roll: :roll:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2014, 08:20:55 PM »
...  We've beat our heads against the 205 wall over and over, and Jack has maybe touched 207.  Just cain't get there.  I know -- better salt is what we need, right? :roll: :roll:

You hit the nail squarely on the "head".... gotta be down, not in the wind.... TOT Nancy... but I digress...

I thought that production requirement to only run in the class it fit was written, but didn't find it in the book, even looked in a 2005 to see if it was there... not there either... so I'm guessing that is one of those unwritten rules that fall in the comparison to manufacturers specs wording.  Dean, I would always check the book too, that Stainless guy is only right 97% of the time.... and sometimes the other 4% will matter  :-o  :roll:  :-D
But there was a rule that Modifieds could only have 68 inch WB... That's another thread... but interesting.... the more things change the more they come back around...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2014, 08:32:01 PM »
TOT indeed.  And the last time I rode the 14 out there I dang near climbed off the thing, tried sitting on the windshield, hung out behind the tail section -- tried everything I could to improve my personal addition to the aero situation.  I expect that Jack has tried all of 'em, too.  About the only thing that I know made a big difference -- was when I got so engrossed in the positioning myself -- that a gust of wind blew me into the mile marker. :-o
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline rgn

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2014, 08:35:48 PM »
We've beat our heads against the 205 wall over and over, and Jack has maybe touched 207.  Just cain't get there.  I know -- better salt is what we need, right? :roll: :roll:

Jon, it sounds like you are running a pre 2012 ZX14?  With the 2012 onward ZX, I believe the following combination will give you a base that will take you up to about 285 rwhp. (1640ish cc) Depending on how much attention you give to the head, and throttle bodies.  At the end of the day it is just $$$$$$$$.   :cheers:

#  +3 mm JE pistons 14:1 compression
#  +4mm Stroked Crankshaft
#  Carrillo KA-ZX14>-8M4350S Rods (110.50 from oem 112.50mm)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:39:10 PM by rgn »

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2014, 12:03:01 AM »
You guys running SCTA must have different rules than BUB. I lost the 750 P PB record at the last BUB because my bore and stroke did not measure EXACTLY what the manual said. No allowance for wear and no overbores allowed at all.

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline rgn

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2014, 12:28:01 AM »
You guys running SCTA must have different rules than BUB. I lost the 750 P PB record at the last BUB because my bore and stroke did not measure EXACTLY what the manual said. No allowance for wear and no overbores allowed at all. Don

I think the DLRA rules are based on  :?  I don't know, but I think they are traditional rules from the U.S.

So what are the chances above zero that some sort of unification could potentially take place amongst the organisations?  If that was to occur I guess there would be only be a need for one organisation, so it's never going to happen. Darwinism is the first thing that comes to mind, and it is in my mind a fine principle.

Our rules (which are your rules) state 7J.1 "OEM engine displacement determines the displacement class for competition.  Displacement may not be increased beyond that class limit".

It would be great if there was a place where you could go to find out all the records from everywhere, and all the rules from every where as well.  It would make an interesting couple of months of reading.

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 01:22:28 AM »
the DLRA rules are based on the last (previous year) SCTA rules, with a few minor exceptions, none of which affect this conversation,,

Ralph, pm me your email addie, and ill send ya thru some reading,,,
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 01:58:41 AM by stay`tee »
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2014, 10:20:45 AM »
Jon I knew that yours and Jacks motors were not 1650 or even close. I was speaking theoretically. I know that Jacks is bigger than yours, but not much. Motor that is! :evil:
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2014, 10:27:03 AM »
When Stainless says it - I go to the rulebook. But I couldn't find anything spelled out - is this actually in the book somewhere?

Read 7.J.1

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2014, 11:39:09 AM »
Fred, as long as you're on the subject of size, mine was carefully measured to be about four inches.

That's from the ground, of course. :roll: :cheers: :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2014, 11:45:39 AM »
Damn them cold urinals  :-D

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline sabat

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2014, 01:04:06 PM »

Read 7.J.1

Rouse

Bingo - thank you.