Author Topic: Ducati powered MPS750-F project  (Read 41677 times)

Offline tauruck

Re: Ducati powered MPS750-F project
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2013, 04:24:04 PM »
I'm drooling here. I wish I could get my hands on that tank project. :-D

Offline r1kurt

• New folks
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2013, 05:21:26 PM »
Nice project, any specific mph goals to achieve ?

Offline Duck-Stew

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2013, 06:34:46 PM »
Nice project, any specific mph goals to achieve ?

Record is 197.xxx on Fuel. We're shooting for 200.
Team UnorthoDUX

Offline gsx-rboy750

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2013, 08:55:35 AM »
target horsepower? How long is the course? I have only ever done the mile. I know bonneville has mulitple length courses.
check out NoRegretPerformance on FB.
200mph on a 100% stock 750 motor, pump e85 in the standing mile.

Offline Duck-Stew

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2013, 12:33:29 PM »
target horsepower? How long is the course? I have only ever done the mile. I know bonneville has mulitple length courses.

Target HP? Enough.

Bonneville has a short course which I'm lead to understand is 3 miles (most all bikes run here) & a long course which is sometimes as long as 7 miles.
Team UnorthoDUX

Offline tauruck

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2013, 01:48:56 PM »
I like your new avatar. How's the tank coming along?

Offline gsx-rboy750

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2013, 02:00:14 PM »
I was just curious what length you were going to travel and what target hp you had for 200mph.
As i said i only ran the mile but feel i needed alot of HP to hit 200. I assume i have better traction on tamrac as opposed to salt but then obisouly course length would be your advantage.  :cheers: i guess if you hit 200 youll know you had "enough".  
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:23:17 PM by gsx-rboy750 »

Offline Duck-Stew

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2013, 03:57:00 PM »
I was just curious what length you were going to travel and what target hp you had for 200mph.
As i said i only ran the mile but feel i needed alot of HP to hit 200. I assume i have better traction on tamrac as opposed to salt but then obisouly course length would be your advantage.  :cheers: i guess if you hit 200 youll know you had "enough". 

Sorry if my first reply came across as crass, but there are lots of variables when you're running for max speed.

Check out the aero / weight / HP calculator here:
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/aerohpcalc.html

A lot depends on the coefficient of drag and the frontal area of your bike.

Since the 749R motor comes w/forged pistons & titanium rods, it's kinda already built for nitrous oxide injection.  We calculate (by our frontal area and a conservative guesstimation of Cd) that we will need a 50hp shot to achieve our mph goals.  But, if we need more then we can change the nitrous & fuel jets to get more HP out of the motor (we estimate that we could inject about 75HP of nitrous w/o catastrophic issues).  We've already changed over to the wide ratio transmission as well as the wide ratio primary gears inside the motor. Now, with OE available sprockets, we should be able to achieve upwards of 220mph just going by gearing calculations & max engine rpm.

Not started on the tank yet tauruck...  Perhaps this week!
Team UnorthoDUX

Offline Duck-Stew

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2013, 03:59:21 PM »
This is our first year @ this and our first bike build...

We're planning on sticking to the 3-mile "short course"...  We should have enough cooling system and nitrous oxide capacity for that long of a run.
Team UnorthoDUX

Offline gsx-rboy750

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2013, 10:30:51 AM »
I figure the duci makes 110-130hp rough guess. I looked at that calculator along time ago but until i acutally do some areo i think my bike depends on hp. I will actually run with a front fender this year and a good ine at that. I also am doing a 1.5-2 gallon tank and front rotors and cermaic bearings. Hopefully by the second meet in Sept i have the areo body done. I do think in Retro spec areo is the best money after the low hanging engine fruit. I would run a nitrous wizard setup if i were gassin.
I am gearing for 230 and hoping for 220.

Offline Duck-Stew

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2013, 10:51:50 AM »
The 749R is good for 120-130rwhp in prepped trim.  We have a few tricks up our sleeve to push a few more out of it. 

We're already hooked up w/a progressive nitrous controller to keep traction as the juice 'comes on'.
Team UnorthoDUX

Offline jo maoma

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2013, 04:32:09 PM »
This is our first year @ this and our first bike build...

We're planning on sticking to the 3-mile "short course"...  We should have enough cooling system and nitrous oxide capacity for that long of a run.

i've always wondered, what if your second timed mile is actually faster
than your third on the short course. could you use the second mile time
for a record or is there another reason for timing the second...

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2013, 07:38:06 PM »
Well, I'm not positive of the rules on the newly-set up short course (measured second mile, that is), but I'm pretty sure it'll be run like the miles on the long course.  That is, if you qualify in both (or all three) measured miles -- you can choose which one you want to select for your back up run the next morning.  So - it could be the faster second mile if you wanted it to, even though you also did well enough in the third mile.  There's one drawback, though -- maybe.  And that's the fact that if you decide you'll use the speed from the second mile when you back up -- you've got to get your record speed in the second mile. 

That is, the two runs (qualifier and return) must qualify in the same relative measured mile (even if your return is on the long course -- you'd STILL have to get your record speed in the second mile.

I think.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Online Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2013, 08:36:52 PM »
SSS, minor correction... not commas, or grammar...
The record is set with the fastest average of the relative miles.  You cannot choose a lower record so your partner can set a record too.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline gsx-rboy750

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2013, 09:23:37 PM »
The 749R is good for 120-130rwhp in prepped trim.  We have a few tricks up our sleeve to push a few more out of it. 

We're already hooked up w/a progressive nitrous controller to keep traction as the juice 'comes on'.
Looks and sound like a well though build. All I have to say is data log data log data log. I am watching your build as I want to eventually go to the salt.