Author Topic: American gas roadster  (Read 18842 times)

Offline yesford

• New folks
Re: American gas roadster
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2013, 06:55:20 PM »
I like the sound of this proposed new class. Good idea to restrict it to 'C' class to see how things work out.
With regard all the talk about destroked BBC's & Hemi's from that era being best bet, lets not forget that in the day the Cleveland Ford had to carry more weight per cubic inch than any other domestic engine style in 70's NHRA Pro/Stock.  Hmmm, got a good old pair of hi-port plated iron 'Clevo' heads keeping the rats from opening the hen house door out back.

Chris Harris.........NZed.

Offline fastman614

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2013, 03:56:41 PM »
I like the sound of this proposed new class. Good idea to restrict it to 'C' class to see how things work out.
With regard all the talk about destroked BBC's & Hemi's from that era being best bet, lets not forget that in the day the Cleveland Ford had to carry more weight per cubic inch than any other domestic engine style in 70's NHRA Pro/Stock.  Hmmm, got a good old pair of hi-port plated iron 'Clevo' heads keeping the rats from opening the hen house door out back.

A very valid point, Chris..... and, well, what can I say - except that a big port Cleveland was(still is) to me, a "clone" of a big block Chevy..... I know that comment will, in all likelihood, get a discussion going....

Seriously though.... power-wise, a Cleveland would be right up there with a BBC .... it is just that, from my perspective, I don't have any Cleveland parts at my disposal or even available nearby...
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2013, 07:41:26 PM »
The $$$ savings in this class is pure justification!
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline JasonS

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2013, 02:14:17 AM »

When I first read about the class, the first thing that popped in my head was the 4V 351 Cleveland.

Offline DSR88

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2013, 01:51:03 PM »
5.B.2.a American Gas Roadster – C/AGR (Gas only)
This is a single displacement engine class only. All rules which pertain to the existing Fuel/Gas Roadster class, 5.2.B, above will be enforced in this class. The engine used must be an American Automotive Production or Light Duty Pick Up Truck engines produced prior to 1973. The maximum engine displacement is 372.99 cid (6.111 L). The engine can be of a larger OEM displacement and reduced to the class maximum by reducing the bore and/or stroke. All engines in this class must run OEM iron blocks and cylinder heads. The burden of proof as to the origin of the engine components lies with the competitor. Induction can be either carburetors, mechanical fuel injection. Ignition must be a single magneto or points distributor. No EFI, computer controlled ignition, data collection, etc. computers are allowed.
Engine class allowed: C
Did this become a new class for 2013 ?

Offline dw230

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2013, 02:10:33 PM »
Lets think about this for a minute Donnie,

You more than likely pulled that from the list of rules changes for 2013. It does not state "coming in 2014" or some such thing. The class is listed as an extension of Gas Roadster.

Oh yeah - yes.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline DSR88

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2013, 03:17:58 PM »
No I just copied that from page one of this thread. I had heard about it but this is the first time i read anything on it.
I see you can run a mag or points what about a non adjustable MSD 6AL ing ?

Offline dw230

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2013, 03:39:43 PM »
That unit is point of contention in all vintage and classic classes. I would ask the guy who put the class together, see section 16 of your rulebook, Mike Spacek.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline DSR88

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2013, 03:50:14 PM »
Thanks, Might need to go look through my old junk pile.