Author Topic: Inventory Reduction Sale  (Read 5971 times)

Offline desotoman

Inventory Reduction Sale
« on: December 14, 2012, 04:13:07 PM »
PSI Screw Blower with 1.5-1 built in overdrive, PSI injector with Enderle barrel valve and Fuel Pump. Reliable at over
300 mph. Cost $15,000 to build, sell $7,500.

426 Hemi Crankshafts, $500 - $1,750.

Mallory Supermag III's, $500 each.

Mallory Supermag III's redone for Fuel, $750 each.

426 Valve covers, many styles to choose from, $200-$800.

14-71 Littlefield Blower, $1000.

426 Blower manifolds, $600.

New Enderle Buzzard Injector, $1,350.

One like new Whipple Screw Blower, with Enderle Polished Buzzard Injector, includes Barrel valve, nozzles, pills, and the original snout. $5,500.

Call for more detailed information 9AM-5PM Pacific Time. Shipping is buyers responsibility.

Marlo Treit (503) 678-2678  or Email mtreit@aol.com
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline desotoman

Re: Inventory Reduction Sale
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 02:32:56 PM »
UPDATED LIST

426 Hemi Crankshafts, $500 - $1,750.

Mallory Supermag III's, $500 each.

Mallory Supermag III's redone for Fuel, $750 each.

426 Valve covers, many styles to choose from, $200-$800.

14-71 Littlefield Blower, $1000.

426 Blower manifolds, $600.

New Enderle Buzzard Injector, $1,350.

One like new Whipple Screw Blower, with Enderle Polished Buzzard Injector, includes Barrel valve, nozzles, pills, and the original snout. $5,500.

Call for more detailed information 9AM-5PM Pacific Time. Shipping is buyers responsibility.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 12:22:53 AM »
Lots of good parts still available.

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 12:49:49 AM »
Sent you an email...

But just realized that I forgot to ask- is the Whipple for-sale by itself (sans injector, etc.)?
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 06:57:04 PM »
Tom, it was good to see you again!

Are any of the mags for a tall deck, or are they adjustable to a tall deck? What is the difference on a gas mag, and a fuel mag?

Thanks!
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline desotoman

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 10:58:49 AM »
Hi Buddy,

It was good to see and talk with you also. How is that ankle doing? Did you get stitches?

I will have to talk to Marlo and see exactly what he has. My guess is that they are all band clamp generators. Which is good in my opinion, as you can transfer them to different bases for different motors as long as the rotation is the same, and if it is not you can have the rotation changed.

IMO A very simple explanation of the difference between a fuel mag and a gas mag is in the amperage of the mag. Gas is easier to ignite so it does not need the high amperage that a motor burning fuel does especially when running nitro.

IMO for a blown gas motors a 3 amp mag would be fine a reworked Vertex or a Mallory III,
for a blown alcohol at high boost say plus 30 lbs I would be looking for a 6 amp mag, either a reworked Mallory V, or a MSD 20.

Sorry I forget what mag you have? If you have a vertex, you can have it reworked to put out some serious Amps, I don't know the cost to upgrade one.

Years ago I personally got rid of most of my mags that went to one specific motor and converted to band clamp generators, that way I could just have different bases for different motors and use the generators I have as long as they are the correct rotation.

I hope this is clearer than mud. LOL. What is your rotation?

Tom G.

PS. I am at Micky D's typing this as my internet provider would only let me get on yesterday for about 3 minutes and then would disconnect. I wrote this response 3 times and could never get it posted. Maybe today will be better. 

Offline desotoman

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 08:57:07 PM »
Magneto's that Marlo has are all Counter Clockwise Rotation, and they are just the Generator. Like the picture shows.

Tom G.

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 12:40:06 AM »
Tom- Since I need to build a base for whatever mag I use, one of Marlowe's "generators" would be appropriate. But I haven't begun to investigate the ignition requirements for blown-methanol at 40-something PSI manifold pressure (3 liter DOHC 4-banger, to 10,000 RPM, shooting for 4 HP/c.i.). Any idea whether one of these might work for me?
M/T Pontiac hemi guru

Offline desotoman

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 01:29:36 AM »
Hi Jack,

Marlo told me he has some 7 amp Mallory Mags that were hopped up by Tom Cirello. Marlo used them on his Injected Fuel motor. Those would work for high boost levels on Alcohol. All of Marlo's mags are for 8 cylinder motors, wouldn't you be better off with a 4 cylinder Mag? Not trying to discourage you just don't want to sell you something you might not be able to use.

Tom G.

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 01:18:19 AM »
I haven't yet looked into whether I could re-purpose an 8-cylinder mag for a four. My shade-tree approach would be to simply replace the 8-lobe breaker cam with a 4-lobe. But I need to comfirm that with the magneto experts.

Do these Mallory "generators" require an external transformer?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:20:55 AM by Jack Gifford »
M/T Pontiac hemi guru

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 12:00:39 PM »
I don't know . . .

But I bet Don Zig has the answers -- 323-735-6216
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline desotoman

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 03:09:04 PM »
I haven't yet looked into whether I could re-purpose an 8-cylinder mag for a four. My shade-tree approach would be to simply replace the 8-lobe breaker cam with a 4-lobe. But I need to comfirm that with the magneto experts.

Do these Mallory "generators" require an external transformer?

Since I did not know the answer to your question I just talked to an expert on Mags. There are two ways to convert the Mallory 8 cylinder to a 4 cylinder mag, one way is expensive, the other is fairly cheap if you already own a mag. Yes they do need an external coil. But different coils also produce different results. You will also need a new cap.

If it were me, I would call your mag expert and ask all of the questions you have before buying a mag. That is the only way you will know how much this will cost in the end. Like I said before I would love to sell you a mag, but I really want you to buy something you can use, and not cost you a ton of money to have revamped for your application, as there are a lot of variables.

Tom G.

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 01:56:12 AM »
Tom- yes, I do need to not rush into buying a mag. Thanks for your comments.
M/T Pontiac hemi guru