Author Topic: what class, or would it be time only, would a fiberglass bodied stock car run in  (Read 3075 times)

Offline 66split

• New folks
Hi all, thanks, for the previous answers on the last post.  In the spirit of learning to walk before learning to fly,  as I build my 105e Anglia.......I have a camaro clip fiberglass bodied roundy round race car set up for road courses ( whew,that was a mouthful) that has pretty much all of the  safety gear as outlined in the rule book,  it will need some tweaks.....parachute for one, push bar etc.......).  A few weekends with some buddies and the welder and it will be ready to make speedweek this year, woohoo!  Possibly.........What catagory if any would it fall in.........specifically what tire rating will it need?........now that I've got the bug I want to get on the salt as soon as I can.....and the Anglia is a year or two away.  Any thoughts gurus? Thanks in advance for your input.

Offline dw230

You can save your money on tires with this one. If your front clip is like all the ones seen in Circle Track magazine there is no place to run. Time Only is an option but, just as expensive as any other entry with no record available. Not something that blows my skirt up.

If the clip is different send a pic.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Stan Back

The only saving graces I can see in such a venture is you might use a lot of the upgrades in your eventual car -- fire suit, fire bottles, Hans-type device, tires and wheel, seat and anything else you can cross over.  But why build twice?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Peter Jack

66split, PM sent.

Pete

Offline JasonS

The ECTA has three classes for circle track cars: Gas Circle Track, Fuel Circle Track, and Vintage Circle Track, and all engine classes are allowed.

I know you mentioned Speed Week but I figured I would throw that out there for you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 02:14:59 AM by JasonS »