Author Topic: Garrett Roller Bearing CHRA Replacement Program?  (Read 1336 times)

Offline JustaRacer

Garrett Roller Bearing CHRA Replacement Program?
« on: December 13, 2012, 01:30:45 PM »
This might not be news, but it's news to me:

Last I heard, Garrett wasn't "really" rebuilding roller bearing turbos, they would hem and haw, and nothing would happen.  You'd have to just buy the whole CHRA after waiting for months.

Now apparently they are helping a bit:

Ball Bearing Service Program

Garrett takes great pride in the quality of its turbochargers and tests them extensively. However, sometimes the unthinkable happens and a turbo fails. Garrett now provides the option to exchange a failed CHRA for credit on a new CHRA at an affordable price!

The program requires you take the following steps:

1. Make sure your unit is covered by the program by contacting a Garrett Performance Distributor or Garrett Performance House.
2. Send your used CHRA* to one of Garrett's Performance Distributors for inspection.
3. Purchase a new CHRA at a discounted price!

"*At a minimum, the center housing must be re-usable to qualify for this program. The Garrett Performance Distributor or Garrett Performance House will determine the condition upon receiving the CHRA and has final say in the applicability of a CHRA for this program.This program is available ONLY through North American distributors"
My doctor told me to go out and kill people.
Well, sort of.  He told me to reduce the stress in my life.