Author Topic: /PRO vs. /GSS?  (Read 2657 times)

Offline Gary Perkinson

/PRO vs. /GSS?
« on: December 09, 2012, 09:31:11 PM »
So I'm planning to run my stock '07 HHR at Wilmington in April (and at Loring in July--I'm already registered for that). I'm registered in F/PRO for Loring and was planning to do the same for Wilmington, but I was going through the rules and started wondering whether I should be in F/PRO or F/GSS. Is there a difference? I won't be coming close to 135 or threatening a record (which according to the 2012 rules book is 137.473 in F/PRO), so I wanted to make sure that it's not a safety thing that I'm missing (I'm planning to do the stock under-135 safety stuff--helmet, firesuit, three-point belt, v-rated tires). Is F/PRO okay, or would F/GSS be a better choice? Does it matter?
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

Offline Plmkrze

• Oh Yea
Re: /PRO vs. /GSS?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 10:42:25 PM »
Check the ECTA web site for the Ohio records. The records in the 2012 Rule book are for Maxton.

At Ohio you can run Production or Super Street.  ECTA also lets up run up in engine class. Sooooo, you could run F/PRO all the way up to AA/PRO.  Also, you could run AA to F/FSS. or run AA to F/GSS.

Now to run in the gas class you have to buy "event" gas which is supplied by Rocket (see Chuck in the fuel truck, he normally is parked past the timing trailer, you can't miss him). Chuck sells 100 octane unleaded and higher octane leaded race fuels. Chuck seals and signs your filler.

If you run in FSS you don't have to spend the money to buy event gas. Event gas is rather "expensive".

If you look there are still open records. (E/PRO for one!!). Why not run up one engine class? Why not get a certificate, AND have a hoot doing it!!

Come on in the waters fine!
"Trim it, whittle it, make it work."

East Coast Cherry Pickers Association (ECCPA) and proud of it!

Offline Gary Perkinson

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 11:33:36 PM »

At Ohio you can run Production or Super Street.  ECTA also lets up run up in engine class. Sooooo, you could run F/PRO all the way up to AA/PRO.  Also, you could run AA to F/FSS. or run AA to F/GSS.

If you look there are still open records. (E/PRO for one!!). Why not run up one engine class? Why not get a certificate, AND have a hoot doing it!!

Come on in the waters fine!

Hey, thanks! Appreciate the info...
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

Offline JasonS

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 10:01:56 PM »
So cars that run under 135 don't need a roll bar?

Edit: I just checked the basic requirements by speed on the ECTA website and saw the answer to my question. When I was reading the rule book and saw the roll bar and rollcage minimum requirements by class break, I assumed every car running anything but Time Only would have to meet those minimums.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:59:37 PM by JasonS »