Author Topic: Engine classes  (Read 30081 times)

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
Re: Engine classes
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2012, 11:27:31 AM »
DW I count 19 pages of records for cars and 14 for motorcycles!! :roll: Way too much time on my hands this morning. :cheers:
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline desotoman

« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2012, 02:49:59 PM »
Tom...I certainly hope so..........I may even come out a watch that, help if you needed it......Wait a minute I'd get my new truch dirty and we can't have that :cheers:....................................JD

JD,

Thanks. That is the plan. Just have to wait until the motors sell.

Tom G.

Since I am into EARLY SBCs how about a class for 265's, No side mounts allowed, ONLY early ones with front mounts :-D :evil: Oh, and they would have to be produced in July of 1954. Simple enough?

Tman,

I have a 265 chevy, but it has two front mounts so do I still qualify for the class?  :lol: :-) :evil: It has front motor mounts along with a front mount 4-71, has a destroked crank though. It was Clyde Sturdy's old motor they used to run in Glenn Deeds Modified Sports Car back in the mid to late 60's.

Disclaimer: I am just having some fun with Tman and his post.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Tman

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2012, 03:38:22 PM »
Tom...I certainly hope so..........I may even come out a watch that, help if you needed it......Wait a minute I'd get my new truch dirty and we can't have that :cheers:....................................JD

JD,

Thanks. That is the plan. Just have to wait until the motors sell.

Tom G.

Since I am into EARLY SBCs how about a class for 265's, No side mounts allowed, ONLY early ones with front mounts :-D :evil: Oh, and they would have to be produced in July of 1954. Simple enough?

Tman,

I have a 265 chevy, but it has two front mounts so do I still qualify for the class?  :lol: :-) :evil: It has front motor mounts along with a front mount 4-71, has a destroked crank though. It was Clyde Sturdy's old motor they used to run in Glenn Deeds Modified Sports Car back in the mid to late 60's.

Disclaimer: I am just having some fun with Tman and his post.

Tom G.

Yes, but what month was the block cast!?!?!?!?! :-D

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2012, 05:54:56 PM »
Tman, I would love that class! But would it be blown or fuel or both? That ought to make it really fun!

And since we're on that track, how about a gen III inline class so I can run the 292 I already started to build!! :evil: :-D
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:05:10 PM by lsrjunkie »
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2012, 06:19:18 PM »
There're already classes for all of them!  How big are they?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Tman

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2012, 06:40:20 PM »
I have a Cox .049 that I would like to run. You can time me with a calender!

Offline dw230

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2012, 08:27:59 PM »
Trent,

Appartently we can do that now. To simplfy the class what color is your car?

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2012, 10:11:15 PM »
 :-D :-D :-D  :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2012, 10:22:29 PM »
Does it have a prop assist. :evil:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2012, 09:53:39 AM »
   Yes, but the prop is solar powered.
 Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2012, 10:32:27 AM »
Already been done -- the .049 (or whatever it was).  Rick Yacoucci ran the engine on a mini-crotch rocket a bunch of years ago at Bub's -- going for most MPH/cubic inch, I think it was.  I remember hearing it scream past -- many, many thousand rpm and very few mph.  But remember -- that was Bub's where if you can think it -- it's true.  Ask Rick for details.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2012, 11:30:09 AM »
Already been done -- the .049 (or whatever it was).  Rick Yacoucci ran the engine on a mini-crotch rocket a bunch of years ago at Bub's -- going for most MPH/cubic inch, I think it was.  I remember hearing it scream past -- many, many thousand rpm and very few mph.  But remember -- that was Bub's where if you can think it -- it's true.  Ask Rick for details.

I believe that was a regular pitbike Slim. An 049 has a piston the size of a pencil eraser :-o

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2012, 12:14:53 PM »
No, that bike wasn't a pit bike.  It was way too small - Rick could barely hang on.  And the engine did have the sound of an airplane model engine.  Maybe there was a helper engine to get the bike up to speed, but I am pretty sure that it was just the tiny engine moving it.  I guess I could ask Rick for a report.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2012, 12:16:16 PM »
No, that bike wasn't a pit bike.  It was way too small - Rick could barely hang on.  And the engine did have the sound of an airplane model engine.  Maybe there was a helper engine to get the bike up to speed, but I am pretty sure that it was just the tiny engine moving it.  I guess I could ask Rick for a report.

Yes, you are right, it was smaller, a pocketbike? I forget but the tale is here on the board somewhere.............

Offline SteveM

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2012, 01:46:28 PM »
Sounds like it must have had one hellacious gear reduction box. :cheers:
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers