Author Topic: What would be your next build if time and money permitted?  (Read 17588 times)

Offline garrell patterson

Re: What would be your next build if time and money permitted?
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 02:40:08 PM »
82-87 Chevy half ton short bed with a 383 Chevy stroker disguised as a stock 305 ci. engine and base class would be D/Production Pickup with a gps speedometer to keep speeds around 137+or- and after I have moved up to A/PP let it all hang out right before Keith takes me to the gate.
Remember this is fantasy racing.

Garrell
garrell patterson

Offline JustaRacer

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 02:59:19 PM »
Fantasy?

World's fastest street legal car.  Informal record is 275mph at this time.
My doctor told me to go out and kill people.
Well, sort of.  He told me to reduce the stress in my life.

Offline mitchell968

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 04:29:25 PM »
anything with a turbine in it. t-53L-703 in a MR. that would be cool.

Offline TwinSpin

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2012, 06:13:55 PM »
This is a "What if you won the lottery" question. Since Santa is stopping by soon and I believe he has this site on his good list, here goes:

Money and Time unlimited -- I would put two engines in my own designed motorcycle frame and be the first to break the 400 mph mark on a two way average.

Just had to see it in writing guys. That felt good.   :-D

I will be the first to admire the one who does this, since my lottery ticket is still in the far reaches of my mind.

Bill

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 10:09:46 PM »
justaracer, the truck I described wouldn't be a high price build justa idea I had. In real life I am about to start on phase two on my Corvette with final plans to bring it up to around 500 rear wheel horsepower just where I can reclaim the fastest car in the county title and maybe if I can get it hooked up to run mid 10's in 1/4 mile. If I don't sell my SS Silverado landspeed race truck after I get back from Wilmington I am either going to supercharge it or trade in my LQ9 engine for an LS6;
I like to go fast toooo.

Garrell
garrell patterson

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2012, 11:55:23 PM »
I forgot! If cost and time we really no object, we would be going after the ultimate record.
It would be a rocket car.  :-)

Twin spin, I like a man that thinks and dreams big.

Remember-
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
-Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline Plmkrze

• Oh Yea
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2012, 12:16:54 PM »
I’ve had a few ideas along these lines.  A ’27 turtle deck T roadster of some sort was one, but lately I’ve been thinking a production class monster of some sort, with a nod to the past.

The Carl Kiechafer NASCAR Chryslers of the mid 1950’s were incredible machines, and while it would be tough to take a record with one, I can think of few cars that would look more purposeful flying down the salt than a ’55 Chrysler 300.

Yeah, hard to believe - Chris talking about NASCAR in glowing terms.

A knock-off of Andy Granetelli’s 300-F could also be fun.

How about a 1960 Plymouth Fury Comp Coupe!!  With an R5!!

"Trim it, whittle it, make it work."

East Coast Cherry Pickers Association (ECCPA) and proud of it!

Offline TwinSpin

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2012, 01:05:28 PM »
 "Twin spin, I like a man that thinks and dreams big."

robfrey - -

Thanks for the compliment. It is my true dream. I have to say I have watched your build over the last few years and I look at it as a big dream that soon will come true. I thought it was great that you ran it by us on this site to double check the frame design and all the other new stuff along the way. I wish you the best on your build and I can't wait to see you run. God Speed.

I did have one more big dream with unlimited money. Go to the moon and bring back the lunar rover with those stainless wire screen tires and run it at Bonneville. Plus, fly the American flag as I go down the long course at 22 miles per hour. That's the biggest dream I can think of.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Bill

Offline runt13

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2012, 12:31:54 PM »
200+mph, 1350cc tube frame Buell, i have built it in my head a few times already, just need time and money, and money, and some more time, throw in more money too.
who would have guessed it would take so long to go so fast for such a short time?

2012 Wilmington mile
April meet,
p/pp-1350/4 record, 132.601mph

September meet,
p/pp-1350/4 record 139.915mph [bump]
p/pp-1650/4 record 142.364 mph
p/pp-2000/4 record 140.009 mph
p/pp-3000/4 record 144.511 mph

2013 Wilmington mile
July meet,
m/pg-1650/4 record 137.278
m/pg-2000/4 record 136.695

Sept meet,
p/pp-1350/4 record 141.1986 [bump]

2014  Wilmington mile
May meet
p/pp-1340/4 record 142.5855 [bump]

Offline JasonS

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2012, 02:21:06 AM »
I found out yesterday from a buddy of mine that he has quite a bit of nitromethane sitting around in his garage. He said I could have it if I had something to use it in because he won't even run methanol in his Mustang (back-halved low-9-second bracket car with a 534 BBF). I joked we should build a nitro-powered V-Rod since we both love them lol. Run it in M/TF-1350/4 :-)

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2012, 09:38:43 PM »
Changed my mind, I wasn't spending enough imaginary money so I am going to make a redo.
Find a nice low as posible mileage 1987 or 88 SS Monte Carlo Aerocoupe install a 425 hp 383ci. Chevy stroker engine and just in my pickup build disguise it as the original 305 ci. engine so I could start my base D class. Install a good gps speedometer and run around 135 to 137 mph on two or three runs if I could get them in then with maybe a 3:23 or so gear run hopefully 145 to 150 then follow Keith to the gate.
Honestly one of them would make a great lsr car because of it's aerodynamics maybe a little heavy but it could be lightened some. It would make a good looking hotrod lowered a little, wouldn't be a bad idea?
garrell patterson

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2012, 12:33:24 PM »
Garrell - We NEVER misrepresent our engine displacement!  And you don't need to build your car such that you can't use all of the HP and get booted from the track.  Open that imaginary wallet and pop for a good cage and other needed gear.  Imaginary money is EASY to spend.

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2012, 11:04:42 PM »
Dan the cage and gear is one reason when I first ran at Maxton that I didn't want to run my Corvette and butcher it all up, it's making 400 rear wheel hp with no head work, cam change. These LS platform engines are amazing the Corvette will still get 25 to 27 mpg on the highway, it's basically the same engine in my SS truck that I run. Ihave got four people begging to buy the Silverado after the April meet, Ihave the Vette a 69 SS/RS Indy Pace Car Camaro convertible in the shop that has allways been garaged, 100% rust free that needs a 396 ci engine to replace a hot small block and have the paint professionally touched up. It has the correct orange houndstooth interior that just needs lots of cleaning, detailing the engine bay while putting the correct motor back end. It's sitting in back of my shop and I wipe it down with spray detailer every once in a while. It has been parked there every since 2004 right before my health problems got serious, had a guy come visit s couple of weeks ago to look at some Colt handguns and he laid/layed/lie down on the floor and slid under it then opened the door and said I will right you a check right now for $25,000.00 but I had to turn him down or get kicked out of the family. It's got Grandson's future car attached to it. Then there is my 37 Chevy hotrod truck daily driver I think it would run 175 mph right now with a new front suspension and two miles to stop it ?
Garrell
garrell patterson

Offline dw230

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2012, 12:38:34 PM »
What does that answer have to do with Dan's response about misrepresenting the displacement in order to run in a lower class?

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2012, 11:15:14 PM »
It started off as the reason I was using a little ingenuiaty in my fantasy build and the roll cage/gear one reason I decided nearly three years ago to run my truck and not something I already had faster. And Dan and I have had an ongoing rhetoric for about that long. I guess you were correct, you shouldn't have taken the time to read it and respond.
Happy New Year to you and all the ECTA family,

Garrell
garrell patterson