Author Topic: Roadster body age?  (Read 3252 times)

Offline BHR301

Roadster body age?
« on: November 29, 2012, 09:09:03 AM »
I was wondering why all the vintage roadster classes except ROADSTER allow bodies between 1923 and 1938 but ROADSTER only allows bodies between 1928 and 1938?

Bill..
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:13:07 AM by BHR301 »

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
Re: Roadster body age?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 10:08:49 AM »
I was wondering why all the vintage roadster classes except ROADSTER allow bodies between 1923 and 1938 but ROADSTER only allows bodies between 1928 and 1938?

Bill..

A '23T is much smaller than a '29A or even a '27T. Not sure why the other vintage roadster classes got the nod on small vs large bodies. Probally not an issue 60 years ago...........
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline dw230

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 11:23:47 AM »
All the vintage roadster classes include Modified, Fuel/Gas and Street. The reply above is correct, Modified and Street can use '23 up. See the above reply for the reason.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 11:24:13 AM »
When the rules for Street Roadster were written they stated american roadster bodies prior to 1938 and when I started all of them were newer than 1928. I think Wayne Achison (Sp) came up in 1976 or 77 with a 27 and all hell broke loose. But he was just following the rules. That roadster has been owned by many including the Barbee Boys who both got into the 2 club with it.

Going back to my earliest book the Gas/Fuel has always been 28 to 38 because they were what was originally run pre and post war due to the Ford V-8 and no roll up windows. Tradition does mean something.

Whether one believes it or not size may not matter at least not with roadsters. The fastest one is a 34 and there are some "nut farmers" who are making a believer out of me for 34 Street Roadsters......JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline fastman614

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 04:54:00 AM »
When the rules for Street Roadster were written they stated american roadster bodies prior to 1938 and when I started all of them were newer than 1928. I think Wayne Achison (Sp) came up in 1976 or 77 with a 27 and all hell broke loose. But he was just following the rules. That roadster has been owned by many including the Barbee Boys who both got into the 2 club with it.

Going back to my earliest book the Gas/Fuel has always been 28 to 38 because they were what was originally run pre and post war due to the Ford V-8 and no roll up windows. Tradition does mean something.

Whether one believes it or not size may not matter at least not with roadsters. The fastest one is a 34 and there are some "nut farmers" who are making a believer out of me for 34 Street Roadsters......JD

Trust JD to have a good historical perspective answer to a question like this.....

JD - You and I haven't had a poolside discussion in a few years.... I miss you "bro"
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.