Author Topic: Ford "Tauruck".  (Read 91391 times)

Offline tauruck

Re: Ford "Tauruck".
« Reply #210 on: May 30, 2013, 04:31:57 AM »
Frank, I haven't fallen off the world but I'm snowed under with work so that's why I've been scarce. :-D I've had a look at the Dzuz thing. I used a panel that was dimpled for a fastener and used that as a mold. IMHO just using a countersink tool to get the correct angle will work on Carbon. If I put the three tabs I made into the mold and they are off by even just a little, enlarging the hole will render the part useless. I'm doing a test a little later and I'll let you know.

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #211 on: May 30, 2013, 08:25:58 AM »
Mike, I was getting concerned about your wellfare. So I'm guessing no progress on the truck as well. Gotta pay the bills. Work=good,Pay=better. I'll PM you this evening.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline tauruck

« Reply #212 on: May 30, 2013, 10:45:10 AM »
I'm waiting.

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #213 on: May 30, 2013, 11:57:13 AM »
It's not evening here yet. :-D
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline tauruck

« Reply #214 on: May 31, 2013, 02:10:57 AM »
 :-D :-D I tried holding my breath.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #215 on: July 03, 2013, 01:46:49 AM »
Has anyone hear anything from Mike?  I hope he is OK. 

gkabbt

« Reply #216 on: July 03, 2013, 06:13:52 AM »
Has anyone hear anything from Mike?  I hope he is OK. 

Wobbly, been thinking the same thing.

Paging Mike Tauruck, Paging Mr.Mike Tauruck!

Gregg

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #217 on: July 03, 2013, 08:34:45 AM »
I "speak" to him about once a week. He is fine and has gotten busy making parts for folks cars over there. It's winter where he is so everone is getting thier body work made/replaced. I think he is changing directions on his speed effort. I'll let him break the news when he is ready.

Frank.

gkabbt

« Reply #218 on: July 03, 2013, 08:41:38 AM »
I "speak" to him about once a week. He is fine and has gotten busy making parts for folks cars over there. It's winter where he is so everone is getting thier body work made/replaced. I think he is changing directions on his speed effort. I'll let him break the news when he is ready.

Frank.

Thanks for the update Frank. Completely forgot about the seasons being bass ackwards down there!  :-D
Looking forward to seeing what his "New" direction.

Gregg

Offline tauruck

« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2013, 02:13:00 AM »
I'm back "kinda". Had computer problems caused by power surges. 5 blown power packs= about 5 weeks offline. The workload was huge so I never really missed the machine. Then I got sick. I thought I was a goner for sure. Ten days of hell I won't discuss here but thank God I dodged a .50 cal round. I'm not working yet but I'll start on Monday. I'm building a new car is maybe the good news. It's a long one and the upside is that 2 corporates are going to inject a fair amount of cash into it. The same people turned me down on sponsorship for the truck. A local wheel manufacturer that was going to machine a set of custom wheels for my custom bike (to take to Sturgis a few years ago) is busy doing a set of billet 18" wheels to match the M/T tyres I've ordered.
       Most of the components I had for the truck will work on the long car. With the local currency sitting at 10/$ sponsors are the only way I'm going to get the project completed and I start welding on Monday. The cool thing is that the guy we bought our house from built a yacht in the garge, well the garage grew to accomodate the boat so space won't be a problem. The wife has three cars, one with a blown clutch. She found a buyer for it and wanted me to replace the clutch. I hate FWD like you won't believe and really didn't want to do the job but I got lucky. I met an old friend that owns a workshop and he did the job "on the house". She sold the car and gave me the proceeds towards the long car. How's that?. :lol: What a girl!!! She's put up with all my Dodge for years and this is my reward. I'm blessed. I'll post pics of the new project as it emerges.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2013, 09:30:20 AM »
Good to hear things are going ok Mike! Can't wait to see how this "long" car turns out. Glad yer back man!  :cheers:
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #221 on: August 06, 2013, 10:45:50 AM »
Mike, that's a great plan.

Glad to hear you're back up and running.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'll follow the project with great interest.

Pete

gkabbt

« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2013, 11:44:54 AM »
It's really good to hear from you and that you are doing OK.   :cheers:

I'm sure the "long car" will be as meticulous as the truck.

Already looking forward to updates!

Gregg

Offline Freud

« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2013, 11:54:56 AM »
When we don't hear from you for a while the entire group gets to wondering.

Our imagination ranges from illness, froze to death to a change in interests.

It's great that sponsorship has been forced on you.

I am certain that you will be able to accommodate the change.

Just like writing or calling home, keep us in the loop.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline Tman

« Reply #224 on: August 06, 2013, 12:19:12 PM »
Sounds like some good fortune after a bout of bad luck.