Author Topic: Ford "Tauruck".  (Read 91390 times)

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: Ford "Tauruck".
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2013, 10:28:15 PM »
That lack of ability to remember where things are is not age related.  Us older folks have perfect memories.  It is simply that we have more things that we need to keep track of.  It is good that you are working with the kids.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2013, 11:37:01 PM »
I've always maintained that I have a great memory, It's just that it's so short.  :-) I technically don't have kids but as a youngster I wanted to get into building Hot Rods and choppers but there was nobody I could go to. It was frustrating so I hope I can maybe do something meaningful by helping these guys and a gal. After all it's a long winded scheme to get someone to sweep the shop and tidy up hey?. I've been through the ringer on the turbo thing and haven't slept in two days trying to find answers. I figured what the heck, it's not life and death. There is no record for a truck like mine currently so if I just run it's done but it's not about records. The build is the journey and it's an interesting one. Africa is a hard place, you only have to look at the animals we have here so the destination is no biggie. I haven't had work in a while but a while back I collaborated on a custom truck build. I built a load box and other bits for a 1949 International pickup as a sub contractor. It turns out the original builder didn't do a good job so the client wants me to redo the truck. A few Dollars will alleviate the suffering and at least mommy will get a Valentines surprise. Bo, it's crazy here. One day I eat Turkey, the next day we eat  feathers. This truck is nuts. It has a 572 BBC in it with a nitrous fogger system and the client was asking if it has enough Horse!!!! He hasn't driven it yet. :-D :-D :-D

Offline tauruck

« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2013, 04:56:00 PM »
We can eat that turkey from tomorrow. I have to do a ton of work on this truck. The funds will buy a bunch more stuff for my project. Working on a Chevy to fund a Ford. You have to love it. :-D

Offline tauruck

« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2013, 06:58:54 AM »
I kid you not. I bolted on the front wheels and lowered the chassis. When it hit the ground it rolled without being pushed and the floor is pretty level. I take that as a good omen. There are obviously a few tubes that still need to be welded in and it's not quite done but I'm excited. I'm off to get out of my mind on anything with more than 43% in it. This is a really BIG day in my life and I'm happy to share this with you all. You guys are the only friends I have and the motivation and encouragement I get here on the forum means more to me than you know. God Bless you all.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2013, 07:00:06 AM »
Two more pics.

gkabbt

« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2013, 07:10:53 AM »
I agree with what others have said.....Really beautiful craftsmanship! Congrats on the roller.
That's going to be one very, very cool truck!

Gregg

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2013, 09:43:25 AM »
Looking good Tauruck! Congratulations on reaching a significant milestone.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2013, 10:05:02 AM »
  WOW! That's progress. Take the day off and have one [or two] for me.
 Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline tauruck

« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2013, 11:13:47 AM »
Coming from you guys this means so much to me. Who knows, I might get to buy you all a drink one day. I've wanted to get over to the States forever. I really feel great right now even though it's early days. I've been a member on lure building forums and on bike forums and it's the same. I'm not knocking other countries but you Americans inspire and push people to be better. It's no surprise you went to the moon. I based the decision to finish this build on finding sponsors. That happened and then I found this forum. Life is good. Bless you all for the encouragement.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2013, 01:38:39 PM »
Thanks for those kind words. We've been following your progress on your build and we're looking forward to seeing it run!

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

gkabbt

« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2013, 01:54:54 PM »
Life is good.

And that is probably one of the most important things.  :cheers:

Gregg

Offline salt27

« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2013, 09:18:58 PM »
I kid you not. I bolted on the front wheels and lowered the chassis. When it hit the ground it rolled without being pushed and the floor is pretty level.

Was it by chance pointed toward magnetic North? :-D

Your craftsmanship is incredible, thanks for giving us a look.

Don

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2013, 01:53:50 AM »
That chassis sure looks to be safe with all of that tubing.  Good job.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2013, 10:58:38 AM »
Thanks Bo. I just added a few more tubes today. One more cross brace behind the cab to tie into the rear suspension and I'm done. Just when I thought I had the turbo thing beat someone took a Louisville Slugger to me and i'm sitting outside the park. Have you ever seen the amount of twine on a ball when the cover comes off??? :-D These guys are toying with me. I know why you built a bike now. A turbo manufacturer in the States said he would sponsor me with two units for next year as his budget had already been allocated for 2013. Nice guy, willing to help. He said he'd speak to the agent he has in South Africa to help me out. I never knew this guy existed because there is no info on Google. The guy gets in touch 15 minutes after the manufacturer. He says he can't sponsor the project but he'll sell me the units at his cost. I figure what the heck. At least it's backup of sorts. The email arrives and his cost is $1200 more than retail from a supplier in the US. Not even in stock as it's a special order. I've learned over the years that burning your bridges can be fatal so instead of telling him where to go and do what I wrote back and thanked him for his time. Another day in Paradise. :cheers:

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2013, 07:21:46 PM »
I kid you not. I bolted on the front wheels and lowered the chassis. When it hit the ground it rolled without being pushed and the floor is pretty level. I take that as a good omen. There are obviously a few tubes that still need to be welded in and it's not quite done but I'm excited. I'm off to get out of my mind on anything with more than 43% in it. This is a really BIG day in my life and I'm happy to share this with you all. You guys are the only friends I have and the motivation and encouragement I get here on the forum means more to me than you know. God Bless you all.

So this chassis is Cleve-land? Nice!
I had to get out my tape with metric & inches to see how short it is. That's only about 45" in American money!
What's the body & what's the class & do you have a name Mate? :roll:
  Sid.