Author Topic: Ford "Tauruck".  (Read 91812 times)

Offline Jon

Re: Ford "Tauruck".
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2013, 05:33:07 AM »
Awesome skills and beautiful work.

Cheers
jon
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2013, 07:50:58 AM »
Very impressive, both parts & process!!   I wish I had some of your talent for composites.  Were you formerly in the aeronautics or aerospace industry?

Fordboy
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2013, 09:01:26 AM »
"... it only needed a light polish so the gardener at the time volunteered..."
Ah, yes, the gardener!  The last time I asked the gardener to polish something for me, she said she had a headache and I could polish it myself!

P.S.  It's the new year. I couldn't help myself.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 09:03:25 AM by Koncretekid »
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2013, 03:28:46 PM »
Ha ha ha, good one. Hey, I live in Africa and people need the work. I should try that one on my woman. She doesn't have a sense of humor.  Fordboy, unfortunately not. I'm self taught but I did get a lot of help from some very jacked up people in the early years.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2013, 10:22:10 PM »
That oil pan is down on the bottom where no one can see it.  Do you do valve covers?  Like for bikes?

Offline tauruck

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2013, 01:16:22 AM »
Bo, I do but haven't done any for bikes yet. So far only Ford  Cleveland and Windsor. I was going to do some covers for a Panhead but it never happened. What bike were you thinking of? I watched the Rose Bowl game but they never showed the Marines. I guess we only get what ESPN puts on for us. I never thought Stanford would win but then I can never pick a winner.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2013, 12:14:00 AM »
After a cleanup in the shop that's still ongoing I mocked up the front suspension. The suspensh is killing me and I have a few small problems. You'd think that by now I'd have acquired some patience but no I just put my head down and fried stuff together. The top shock mounting brackets are cocked at an angle. I suppose I could leave them like that but they aren't right and must come off. I have a lot of sponsors on this project and individually their input isn't that big but I'm trying to give them 100% and I'm rushing things. Note to self, slow down and concentrate. I took two days off, Christmas and New Years mainly for the neighbors benefit. He's entertaining and his pool is only a few yards from the wall. I didn't want to drive him nuts with air tools and grinders. The wife gets back from Scotland tomorrow and I can't wait for things to get back to normal. You don't realise what the girls do until they aren't around. i promised to water the plants but luckily I didn't have to. It's rained every day since she left. It's those summer afternoon thunderstorms that last an hour or so. Guys, I'm tired. This is a tough deal. It's lonely to boot so if any of you like cheap booze and scorching hot weather we have room for vistors. :cheers:

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2013, 01:03:37 AM »
The hot weather is nice.  I miss it a lot.  I was born and raised in Africa.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2013, 01:21:05 PM »
I consider you lucky to have got out. Where in Africa?.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2013, 09:04:39 PM »
Oakland, California

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2013, 09:18:47 PM »
  Wobbly, Now that is funny.
   Doug :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline tauruck

« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2013, 10:43:44 PM »
OK, you got me. You're a mean dude. :-D

Offline tauruck

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2013, 02:17:42 AM »
I'm still working on my project. Even though the truck is fairly big when the roof is chopped and the driver needs to sit on the floor things get real tight. I had to pull out all the stops to get my 5'7" frame comfortable. Big time mods and lots of head scratching but I managed to achieve the best possible compromise. I cut a few bars out of the roll cage and added some new ones but I gained 3". Before and after pics.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2013, 02:20:13 AM »
The after mod in place.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2013, 03:03:22 AM »
The seat I made was OK but a little wide for me so after point zero three of a second I decided to narrow it. I took 2" out of it and it's about as good as it will get. 3M is one of my sponsors and they supplied an adhesive that is the best I've ever used. When I first tried it I wasn't convinced. I checked the job after 24 hours and the product seemed to be a little "rubbery" so I thought there's nothing I can do. I left it another day and when I checked it had obviously fully cured. I'm used to other epoxy adhesives curing in 12 hours or less but the 3M takes longer. This stuff is unreal. I clecoed the two halves of the seat together after buttering the exposed areas and just left it alone. It's rock hard now and luckily I had the foresight to not use too many layers of Carbon on the initial build, so it will get another four on each side to finish.