Author Topic: Ford "Tauruck".  (Read 91691 times)

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: Ford "Tauruck".
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2013, 11:50:03 PM »
It sure looks like a challenge.  It will be extra fun for you to get back to working on the Sportster after that adventure.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2013, 02:26:38 AM »
Sometimes I think getting wasted on booze is the answer before starting work because you still know what you're doing but just don't care. This sucker is playing me. Getting one side right is straight forward but to mirror the opposite one is problematic. So many curves. You're dealing with optical illusion and what's perfect doesn't always look right. I won't be complaining about the truck project one bit after this. It's funding the fever and I know it will be a winner when it hits the track. I think there's a bondo shortage in the country now. There's even some 50s Ford truck in the fender flares.  :-D

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2013, 08:23:27 AM »
Mike, Take a deep breath, they can only look at one side at a time. :-D
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline tauruck

« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2013, 12:12:15 PM »
Yup, you're right. My buddy Clive came around unexpectedly which was a good thing. Having someone to chat to for a change was cool. The dogs are all ears but they can't answer. :-) He's going to crew for me and he knows the V8s, electrical etc. He was trained in Dallas at UTI. He likes the same cars I do and must be the best troubleshooter I know. He had this F150 with a faulty distributor and he was kinda stuck at my place so I gave him a spare one and he fitted it in the dark, started the motor and it ran fine. Checked the timing the next day and it was as close as you'll get. One down, six to go. You have to have seven crew or you don't look pro!!! The Mazda is sitting there whimpering. It's beaten. All it took was a few pizzas and a Coke. Go figure. Molding this weekend starting on Saturday. Good Friday is one day I don't work. It's a day for reflection.

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2013, 01:20:56 PM »
Tauruck:

I like that front end. Looks great even in bondo!

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #170 on: April 08, 2013, 12:53:45 AM »
Mike, how is the dragster coming along?  It looked good in the last post. 

Offline tauruck

« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2013, 04:24:39 AM »
Hey Bo, It's been interesting. I'm not used to workin on a creeper under a car while laminating. I normally get to set things up on stands but this is a complete car. I should have the five part mold done by Wednesday latest. I have redone the right side mod 3 times. I just couldn't get the symmetry right. It fought me even with the aid of the profile gauge but I think it's as close as I'll ever get it. I needed to put a nice lip on the wheel arch so I cut a piece off mommy's garden hose. I split it and pushed it over the fiberglass. Bingo. Some pics of the project. Mold splitter board (ABS) and release agent applied.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2013, 04:28:34 AM »
Gel coat applied to the back half and glass.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #173 on: April 08, 2013, 04:30:13 AM »
I'm done with the glass work on the left side but haven't taken pics. I'll post some later for you.

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #174 on: April 08, 2013, 08:53:08 AM »
Mike, thought you fell off the planet for a while. I see you've been up to your elbows in glass, Looks awsome.

Frank.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline tauruck

« Reply #175 on: April 08, 2013, 12:02:45 PM »
Frank,  :lol: Elbows, knees and even eyelashes. Don't make me do the Chopped Strand shuffle. :lol:

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #176 on: April 08, 2013, 12:39:17 PM »
Tauruck
Check out Allmetalshaping.com. Search for info on "FSP" flexible shape pattern. It is used to duplicate shapes. We use it on metal but there is no reason the procedure couldn't be used on glass. If the fsp is done properly, you can tell very small variances between the two shapes. For mirror images just turn the pattern inside out, same shape reversed.

edit: Google, flexible shape pattern, shows much.

Ron

Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline SteveM

« Reply #177 on: April 08, 2013, 12:46:04 PM »
That 'glass work looks fantastic! :-o , like how I imagine automobile prototyping looks.  Very "Pro".

Keep up the fine work.  It's amazing how other people's projects can lend inspiration and drive to our own projects.

Steve
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #178 on: April 08, 2013, 02:44:19 PM »
Awesome man! Looks great!  :cheers:
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #179 on: April 08, 2013, 05:14:43 PM »
Mike, your work is first class! Car looks bad azz! :cheers:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c