Author Topic: Ford "Tauruck".  (Read 91405 times)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Re: Ford "Tauruck".
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2013, 01:24:30 PM »
Very nice work. Love that balsa core stuff!

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2013, 03:45:36 PM »
This is a really nice build and very well thought out. Good work, love the updates. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2013, 04:29:54 AM »
Thanks guys. Jon, how would I get past border security?. Those guys are tough :-D I'd love a working holiday there. Have tools, will travel.

They're only tough on TV
The ones not on TV are almost normal
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline tauruck

« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2013, 05:44:29 AM »
 I'll keep that in mind. Sorry you won't be getting Biltong (the real Beef Jerky) when I do get there :-D

Offline tauruck

« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2013, 10:04:04 AM »
I picked up the post this morning. There was a cardboard tube from Tulsa and in it were two calendars from Bobby Moore (Maro Special) and Peggy Vaught (Peggy's Pickup) that they'd signed saying they were waiting for me to get over to Bonneville. I thought it was a nice gesture and helps with the motivation. Thanks Peggy and Bobby. :cheers:

Offline tauruck

« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2013, 12:26:11 AM »
Not much happening on the build due to the shop being full of other work. Weird weather though. Hail in mid March????. The roof leaked right where my chassis was standing so I'll get that fixed today.

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2013, 01:14:58 PM »
Mike. I lookied at the pics you sent of the other work you had done- :cheers:FANTASTIC!

Hopefully you get the water out of your garage, so that you can get back on this one!
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline tauruck

« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2013, 08:50:42 PM »
Thanks man. Water wasn't as big a problem as I thought. I found a few pics of the "Speed Week" held at Hakskeen Pan last year. Don't laugh guys, this isn't what you're used to but the passion is there. There aren't pics of the race cars or maybe these are the race cars. I don't know the people that ran but apparently they had a good time. :-D

Offline tauruck

« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2013, 08:52:03 PM »
Some pics of the scenery.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2013, 08:54:23 PM »
More enthusiasts.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2013, 09:02:53 PM »
Sweet pictures Mike! Love the "scenery stuff". Being an outdoorsy type of guy that stuff really gets me going! Thanks!  :cheers:
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

gkabbt

« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2013, 09:04:12 PM »
Mike, Really cool pics. Tell us more about the Hakskeen Pan.

Gregg

Offline tauruck

« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2013, 09:41:26 PM »
Gregg, I'm having second thoughts about the place. Some guys set up a thing called Speedweeksa and all manner of cars and bikes turned up for the event. I guess you could call it a "run what you brung" event. I watched a program on TV and a guy on a Kawasaki did 330Kph but he said it was hairy due to the slippery conditions. The organizers got some scientists to formulate a chemical to stop the surface from breaking up and it didn't work. It's in it's infancy I'd say and there are a group of people just having fun on the pan. There were Porsches, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, muscle cars and a bunch of hot rods out there. The pan has a lot in common with Bonneville as far as flooding goes.   

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2013, 09:43:15 PM »
Looks more like El Mirage -- is it dirt or salt?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline tauruck

« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2013, 09:43:41 PM »
Aero tweaks were present as well. The caption said they never worked. :-D