Author Topic: Wheels and tire sizes and availability  (Read 6651 times)

Offline jimmy six

Re: Wheels and tire sizes and availability
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 09:24:40 PM »
I find it curious you don't know your possible vehicle record speed. You said Comp Coupe. You said inline engine. OK is the inline vintage. So look up XO fuel, gas ,blown, unblown. If it's not vintage and you know the cubic inches, look up the records for the alphabetical class speeds. The records are all on the SCTA site. If you don't know the alphbetical engine size AA,A,B,C etc: ask. But better yet look in your rulebook.........................You do have a rulebook.................?

Great guys here will answer questions too help you interpret what it says, but we don't build your car................Good Luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Avanti Kid

• 2006 Member of Bonneville 200 MPH Club
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 09:51:20 PM »
You will be fine with the Goodyear front runners that cost around $140 each, they will pass inspection with no problem, you might want to consider 23" dia Front runner tires (to lower front of car) for front of car and 28" dia tires for rear if you have enough HP to turn them, good luck, Dave
Original owner of 1963 Avanti; Age 84
2006 Bonneville 200 MPH Club Member
Canyon Country, CA
215.6 mph 289 CI Studebaker engine

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 10:51:13 AM »
jimmy six, According to the '12 rule book the record for XO/GCC is held by Jeff Brock and his Bonneville Bombshell Buick at 141.821 mph. But rumor has it he went quite a bit faster this past year. My biggest concern is spending a bunch of time and money to get there and then not make it through tech because I have the wrong wheels and tires on the car. I really appreciate all of the input from you fellas that have been doing this a lot longer than I have! Hope to meet all of you in August!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 11:07:00 AM »
Rumors have nothing to do with it.  Check the SCTA website and you'll see he popped the record to 165.380.  Records set in 2012 are not included in the 2012 Rule Book -- which is printed prior to any 2012 meets.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 11:15:00 AM by Stan Back »
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 11:11:58 AM »
WOOOOOOO!! That's moving! Well I guess I better step up my game! Thanks for solid info on where that record is now!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 09:38:55 PM »
Does anyone know where they can find any of the older Goodyear tire codes???
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!