Author Topic: Questions about Omega class and electric motorcycles  (Read 29055 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Questions about Omega class and electric motorcycles
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012, 02:07:46 PM »
Every year there is a list of club duties published that have been approved by the clubs and their Reps. If you belong to a club they pass them out before the first meet of the year. They assign those duties to the members and you should know when you go to the meet if you have assigned duties.  :roll:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline JustaRacer

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2012, 03:09:55 PM »
Every year there is a list of club duties published that have been approved by the clubs and their Reps. If you belong to a club they pass them out before the first meet of the year. They assign those duties to the members and you should know when you go to the meet if you have assigned duties.  :roll:

Correct.  Every year I did exactly what was asked of me, and then some.  I was told Patrol, PM, October.  I did Patrol AM and PM.  At no time did anyone tell me "Cones" until 30 minutes after the event, and there was no way to use the cone trailer.  You would think since I was contacted 3 times prior to the event, that the subject would be mentioned so I'd be ready to do it.  And we would not have told our wives we would be home before dark to fix problems at home if we knew.

Roll all the eyes you like.

Seems like you folk believe we didn't work the patrol all day, nor call in problems.  That is incorrect.  Nor were we requested to assist at the accident even though we had the equipment and training.  Not just a single vehicle and a fire bottle and some gloves.

TIP:  If Patrol is actually recovering cones after the event, spend $2 and print that on the Patrol instructions.  Spend 10 seconds and mention it during the Patrol meeting.  Heck, perhaps put it in the Elmo Procedure?

Like I said, I'm not a good fit for this kind of organization.  I'm neither a mind reader, nor do I assume everybody is perfect.  At work, I make sure we always a backup plan, because I can't tell a customer their work is not ready because something broke.  It doesn't work that way in real life.  Nor do I fire people because they are human.  We have exact procedures for when things screw up, or I'd be out of business 20 years ago.

In order for us to screw up a job, 3 people and two machines must fail exactly the same.  After 30,000 jobs this has not happened.  It's a math thing.

More importantly this should have never been a point of discussion in somebodies tech thread.

But here's a question:

Which is worse:

1)  Running off course because you can't see the track and refuse to lift the pedal.

2)  Blowing out the back door, because you didn't walk the course.

3)  Injuring someone in the pits because you do not know how to tow a vehicle.

4)  Deliberately running an illegal entry to get an advantage over the other racers.

5)  Missing part of a duty because you weren't told.

The answer is #5.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 03:42:37 PM by JustaRacer »
My doctor told me to go out and kill people.
Well, sort of.  He told me to reduce the stress in my life.

Electric Cowboy

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2012, 03:34:41 PM »
The class exists already and there really aren't enough electric anything entries to justify making a bunch of new classes. Here are all the Bonneville Omega records for motorcycles that I know of.
APS-O Paul Thede Lighting Motors Lighting 08/11 215.960
M-O Saline E-Solex E-Solex 08/11 20.055
MPS-O Saline E-Solex E-Solex 08/11 19.893
SCS-O Saline Elecktik AGN1 08/12 98.0
Looks to me like a Brammo could come clean house in the M classes.

I'm in that list next edition on my Zero S 2012. I doubt Brammo will be doing much of anything unless they actually put the bikes up for sale which they havent since they announced them in 2010. If I could break the ton on my 2012 Zero, brammos production bike probably wont stand up to the 2013 Zero after I get my hands on it. If Brammo is even starting to deliver in 2013.