Author Topic: modified pickup category questions  (Read 6181 times)

Offline jo maoma

modified pickup category questions
« on: November 13, 2012, 04:27:34 PM »
been searching for a few weeks and poring over the rulebook and still have a few legality questions.
since the stock frame stays i was wondering if and how much can it be modified, specifically notching
for axle clearance. the other question was regarding the difference in the wording between production
and modified pickups, "production" specifically mentions interior panels where as "modified" doesn't.
is it possible to clearance inner fenders when swapping engines and since the bed can be covered can
the rear inner fenders be modified for wheel clearance. thanks in advance...

Offline dw230

Re: modified pickup category questions
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 05:11:58 PM »
Look in your rulebook for contact info, section 16, for the committee chair of the class you are interested in.  The rulebook can be your firend in this instance, may be not so much later as indicated by numerous posts on this board.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline jo maoma

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 01:27:43 PM »
Look in your rulebook for contact info, section 16, for the committee chair of the class you are interested in.  The rulebook can be your firend in this instance, may be not so much later as indicated by numerous posts on this board.

DW

thanks, emailed them this morning...

Offline jo maoma

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 08:55:41 PM »
thanks for the heads up, ed whiteley was good enough to call me as soon as he got my email and
steer me in the right direction so its full speed ahead with the worlds least aerodynamic pickup....

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 03:26:22 PM »
and what would that be?? :?
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Billy @ AHG

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 02:48:20 PM »
and what would that be?? :?

Good question, McCormick Deering Harvester is about the most un-aero thing I can think of, how bout some pics or more info , you are killing us here !
Salt Junkie

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 12:42:56 AM »
I was thinking of a Powell...............JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Tman

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 03:10:33 PM »
thanks for the heads up, ed whiteley was good enough to call me as soon as he got my email and
steer me in the right direction so its full speed ahead with the worlds least aerodynamic pickup....

Can't be worse than our Unibody!

Offline jo maoma

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 10:17:22 PM »
sorry been down for while battling what the doc called tussive syncope. turns out i've got valley
fever that's causing me to cough so much i pass out so i've been staying away from power tools
as of late. :-D

the truck is a '59 f-100 that i traded an old basket case BMW R75 for..

« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 10:20:16 PM by jo maoma »

Offline jo maoma

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 10:39:12 PM »

i've been involved in desert racing for the last decade or so and was looking for a change of pace when
i came across your build over on the Hamb board, definitely sparked the idea of starting this truck...

Offline Tman

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 11:03:11 AM »

i've been involved in desert racing for the last decade or so and was looking for a change of pace when
i came across your build over on the Hamb board, definitely sparked the idea of starting this truck...

It is my pal Tims, I am just the handsome crew :-D

If you look through Tims posts you will find reference to Charlies "Yellow Brick" which is the same as yours. That is a record setting truck and where Tim got his rookie runs in. Charlie is a pal of ours and one of our mentors.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 12:01:39 PM »
Jo.....Go to the Ford Y-block forum and see that it takes to use one of those Fords. There is a complete section one done for B and El M I think there is 2 or 300 feet of tubing in it and that's just for the inspectors............ :lol:
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline jo maoma

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 03:04:04 PM »
Jo.....Go to the Ford Y-block forum and see that it takes to use one of those Fords. There is a complete section one done for B and El M I think there is 2 or 300 feet of tubing in it and that's just for the inspectors............ :lol:

yah, been down that road with my Land Cruiser. no matter how much
tube you throw at it someone at tech always whats a little more...

Offline Tman

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2012, 03:13:11 PM »
Tim and Charlie would be great to talk to since they have both built and run these trucks. There is some pretty stiff competition in the Prod and Mod truck classes.