Author Topic: Been gone awhile....time to get back racing!  (Read 8996 times)

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
Re: Been gone awhile....time to get back racing!
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 09:56:54 AM »
http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,11759.0.html

Jeff's first time over 200 thread has the earlier runs included.
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 07:12:08 PM »
Scott,

you might consider posting your contact info. i often am in need of some machine work for my bonneyville car and scooters. i live in the lake tahoe area and spend time looking for help in the reno area. would just as soon do business with a bonneyville racer.

Roger Lessman.

That's quite the machine you have there Mr. Lessman, would love to see it in person some day.

Scott

Offline JimL

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 02:28:51 AM »
Hi Scott, been a while!  I, too, disappeared and landed in southern Oregon.  PM on the way.

JimL

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 06:31:55 PM »
Well after a super long week busting my ass, I did what any gear head would do. I got my ass up, cleaned the shop and spent my day in the shop working! I got a lot done today.

I had a extra set of wheels stored that are pretty ugly, but will do the job. Tested them to make sure they were straight.

I had a buddy (Doyle) give me a couple of old tires so I could use them for mock up purposes. I bought the tire changer about six months ago and use it all the time. It so beats the hell out of using spoons.

I pulled out my box of parts and found what I could for steering components. These are for mock up, I think I am going to design and cut a set of raked trees for this bike.

Had to press the stem into the tree.

Got the front wheel, forks and frame all mated together.

Put the rear wheel and swingarm on, they are just sitting there as I do not have bearings for the swingarm or the linkage for the shock. Also need to find a brake hanger for the rear wheel. Just wanted to get the bike to roller status.

My friend John Noonan supplied me some of the remnants of his many years of racing.........this is my mock up engine.

Got the engine bolted in place, also found a stator and clutch cover to bolt up so I can see the actual width of the engine.

These calipers are off of my retired LSR bike from the 09 season. I may rebuild these, I may buy another set.....haven't decided yet.

I set the fairings on to see what kind of work it was going to take to mount them. It's going to take quite a bit as there isn't room for my hands and I do not want to raise the fairing much and make the frontal area larger.

Once I get the chassis squared away with bearings, shift linkage and brake hanger so the bike is solid and I can see the actual ride height I will cut the frame rails to accomodate the seat. Also thinking of doing away with the rear shock and going with a dual shock set up so I can keep the seat height low.

The body work fits the frame well but as you can see here the arms/hands is going to be an issue.

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 07:24:00 PM »
very slick. very nice.

bf
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 09:41:03 PM »
That front fairing on your earlier black bike seemed to have more room for your hands and it would keep your shoulders out of the wind.

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 09:45:44 PM »
That front fairing on your earlier black bike seemed to have more room for your hands and it would keep your shoulders out of the wind.

This one is actually suppose to be up higher and would keep my shoulder out of the wind as well....going to have to massage it a little bit.

The hayabusa frame is the problem, me just being lazy I know I need to build a tube frame chassis.

Scott

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 05:48:42 AM »
Strange, I had the same thought.

Joe