Author Topic: Sandy  (Read 6629 times)

gkabbt

Re: Sandy
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 10:19:48 AM »
If possible, we need an update from all our east coast racers.

Gregg

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 10:59:43 AM »
I would bet Joe and DD have more things to do---but we would like to know
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 11:14:41 AM »
I just saw on FB that Joe and Donna Timney, Jack B. are OK so far, Knecum has no power. Hope everybody else is OK.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

gkabbt

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 11:44:24 AM »
And I saw Joe on here earlier this morning as well.

Gregg

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 12:04:18 PM »
With 6 million + without power it will be difficult to communicate.
Even if your cell phone is working that doesn't mean the cell tower has power, or your ISP has power.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 03:23:39 PM »
All of us on the other coast are concerned about our east coast LSR racers and families, hoping everyone is ok.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 06:26:35 PM »
Thanks Glen,

We had the storm surge high tide last night at 8:46pm.   It was 14 feet and we had major floods that really devastated the coastal areas. JFK Airport was hit pretty hard and we are not operating any flights until tomorrow afternoon.  There are 2 boats that washed up onto the bay runway. We sand bagged the doors and pedestrian tunnel that runs to C concourse and it slowed the tide enough that the pumps could handle it. Lost part of the hangar roof and some terminal roof. In Westchester 2 young boys were killed in their home when a tree fell on their home. Over 1 million without power on Long Island. Joe T - how did you make out in Delaware?

Joe

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2012, 09:40:05 PM »
We’re very fortunate on the outside perimeter of this storm, but I am startled by the effect this combination of weather systems has had this far inland from the coast.

When I got off of work, the track indicated the center was between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario.  We just got a cold front that pushed through about 2 days ago, so the collision of this super cold air against the warm storm has accelerated the winds out of the northeast down the west shore of Lake Michigan.

It’s probably the most agitated I’ve seen the lake in 25 years.  The last time it was really bad, the lake level was much higher, but I’ve never seen it quite this viscous.  Right now, we’re about 4 feet below normal lake level due to the dry summer, but it’s splashing as high as it was in ’97. 
Click on this – you’ll see what I saw today at 5:45 -

We’re in no danger - were 500 miles away from the real problem, but this crap has me worried for my friends out east. 
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 08:06:21 AM »
We made it through the storm OK, only lost two trees...didn't hit anything. It rained for 35 hours at a 45 degree angle. Winds over 45 mph with some incredible gusts. We are 8 miles from the coast line on the Delaware bay. All the waterfront communities are flooded and the beach suffered massive erosion. Check out the waves in Rehoboth Beach. 2 to 3 feet is normal, these were 25 feet...bye bye boardwalk!
We were very lucky, New Jersey got there butts kicked!!!
Spoke to Dave Dahlgren...no power
Todd Dross's power on and off!
Joe Timney
Retired President of ECTA
President of Delaware Chassis Works
President of FIREFOX Fire Suppression System
www.delawarechassisworks.com