Author Topic: El Mirage results  (Read 37883 times)

Offline roadsterswap

Re: El Mirage results
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2012, 04:36:30 PM »
Sounds like a good idea. Review at drivers meeting once it is decided how it is going to work. Thanks Nathan for the help.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2012, 05:17:42 PM »
dispite all this being said about the hickup in pre stage... i gotta add that i think that all the races have gone pretty smooth the last few years, the process is getting pretty dialed in... and if ya think, that sunday crash is the first this year... i think overall these guys are doing a good job.... phew ! ! ! thats alot of thinkin for me.....
kr

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2012, 12:36:14 AM »
I think that Anne went to the "Paper in the  Window" system so that  the "staging lanes table Log " can keep up with which numbers has been through the staging lanes "properly" and such---  it has had some "IMPACT" in the not to distant PAST!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline jet966

• New folks
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2012, 10:59:07 AM »
So, Nathan, any clarification?

"2. Pre-Staging Operations and Assignments
If your entry isn’t pre-staged in the correct number order in your group, you may run at the back of
your number group. If a later sequence group has finished pre-staging and is starting to move ahead
into the staging lanes, you will stage at the end of the group. You may trade your starting positions in
your number group."

The way this looks to me, if you show up late, but the pre-stage folks have not been cleared to move up yet, you can go around and stage at the back in lanes without being a snake.

-The Other Glen SCTA 966B
-The Other Glen SCTA 966B
Wheel Tramps CC/MC
Land Speed Racers So-Cal

Offline Tom Maioli

• New folks
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2012, 02:22:36 PM »
I am a new guy but it was obvious that the volunteers in pre stage need help.  Pre stage should "clear" an entry and have them move ahead to the actual east / west staging lanes.  If an entry goes around, then they have not been cleared and won't receive a time or points for that round if they actually make a run.
Being only  my second time, I was supprised how unorganized it was.  I asked other competitors what the procedure was and they all had different answers.  Most thought after the first round, it was done by groups rather than sequential numbers within the group.
The volunteers need help and need a staging steward with a bullhorn.
Lets get help for the pre stage volunteers. I will buy the bullhorn if this method is adopted.

Thank you

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2012, 05:07:51 PM »
So, Nathan, any clarification?

Sorry... no, not yet.  I'll get an email off to them here in a min.
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2012, 09:35:22 PM »
Okay, so I got a response back and it will put everyone's concerns to rest but first I guess I need to make a disclaimer.  I may take on an "official" role when I volunteer to be either a tech inspector, the rookie director, or a starter but I have no official capacity outside of those events at which I volunteer and I certainly have no official capacity whatsoever when I post here on these forums.  I know all you guys know that but apparently some have taken issue with my involvement in this discussion.  So, just to be totally clear, I am in no way representing the SCTA or the Board of Directors.  I'm a racer just like you guys... I just happen to sometimes wear a couple of different hats that say SCTA on them but all those hats are off now.  It's just me, Nathan, being Nathan and these are my thoughts and comments, not the SCTA's or the Board's.  Clear?

Alright, with that out of the way I can tell you, unofficially, what I was told via email from an official: Yes, second round is supposed to be staged in line up order.  I think the pre-stage group was a little rusty on what was supposed to happen considering that we had such a long break since our last event.  At least one of my rookies got busted for coming to the staging lines "out of order", which they're allowed to do because rookies don't run in starting order sequence, so again, another "rusty" moment.  Apparently the Board is entirely aware of the problem and discussed the matter at the last board meeting and has said that there will be a resolution in place for the next event.  I did not attend the meeting (getting to Irwindale on a Friday evening from anywhere is murder); these are my unofficial comments based on what an official told me in an email. 

So there you have it.  I unofficially hope that this answers everyone's questions and I'm glad, as I'm sure you all are as well, to know that the Board will be taking care of the situation.  If you guys need further clarification on any particular matter please refer yourselves to an official official, of which I am not!

BTW, Tom, good idea on the bullhorn.  I have one that I use for rookie orientation at Bonneville.  It's available for their use.   
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline FADED

« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2012, 10:04:31 AM »
Thats OK Nathan, we still love you. Thanks and once again sorry for starting this mess, I was just venting. :roll:

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2012, 07:01:25 PM »
thanks for the "un" official official clarification  Nate!!!! so we did right going to the front when round 2 staging was called, but i didn't want to make trouble for the lady (yeah yeah all you surprised peps) so we went to the back as told... man we needed to make a pass real bad, we saw our 30+ point lead in the championship dwindle down to a tie... being 4th off the line we probably would have made that pass and set a record... the way i see it, that lady may have cost us the championship and Tim fell pretty far back....
kent

Offline vintagehotrod

• New folks
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2012, 10:20:13 PM »
NOVERMBER will be better , can't wait to plow the feilds again :mrgreen:

Offline racekid

• 701 C/GMR LeFevers & Jesel
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2012, 12:03:27 AM »
We will plow it first you can plow it second dave    :evil: :-D

Offline salt

• EMD2CLM - B2CLM
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2012, 01:02:50 AM »
I wouldn't say we're plowing the fields - but we certainly have some tilling to do after missing October due to no engine. Received our new block today and will try to make some - actually, a lot of - noise by Monday . . .
See you guys out there!

Willi
Who Has More Fun?