Author Topic: El Mirage results  (Read 37884 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: El Mirage results
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 10:22:42 AM »
ahhh I know about those MC factory speedooos  :-D 

Congrats to Ed  B/GT
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:26:47 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Tman

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 02:28:26 PM »
ahhh I know about those MC factory speedooos  :-D 

Congrats to Ed  B/GT

Yup, ask any kid on a crotch rocket and he'll tell you he had it up to 200! :roll:

Offline FADED

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 02:34:38 PM »
??Why do they asign us A starting lineup number?? I was in the 2nd group (#58), I went to the line in round 2 after they called the 1st group and "WHAT A KLUSTER F**k!!" The pre stage officials said the gave up because everyone was just snaking in. I saw the mess and packed up and went home. Good thing I didnt wait beacause it sounds like they didnt get to run. If they are going to make it a free for all they should have announced it like they have in the past. Im not a snake, I follow the rules that the SCTA put in to place, but I guess some dont. Anyways, we had a great time and ran our all time fastest in round 1. thanks for listening, sorry for the rant, see you guys in Nov.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 02:49:38 PM »
Probably the same reason they took away the CB at Bonneville.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 06:09:49 PM »
??Why do they asign us A starting lineup number?? I was in the 2nd group (#58), I went to the line in round 2 after they called the 1st group and "WHAT A KLUSTER F**k!!" The pre stage officials said the gave up because everyone was just snaking in. I saw the mess and packed up and went home. Good thing I didnt wait beacause it sounds like they didnt get to run. If they are going to make it a free for all they should have announced it like they have in the past. Im not a snake, I follow the rules that the SCTA put in to place, but I guess some dont. Anyways, we had a great time and ran our all time fastest in round 1. thanks for listening, sorry for the rant, see you guys in Nov.

According to the El Mirage procedures:

Pre-Staging Operations and Assignments
If your entry isn’t pre-staged in the correct number order in your group, you may run at the back of
your number group. If a later sequence group has finished pre-staging and is starting to move ahead
into the staging lanes, you will stage at the end of the group. You may trade your starting positions in
your number group.

Okay, my interpretation:

Let's say your starting position is 60.  50-75 are called to pre-stage and when you get there 50-70 are already there.  From the way it sounds, you can either A) line up as you show up or B) "trade positions" within your number group to be in correct (or nearly correct) starting position order.  The one thing you can't do as 60 in line is show up when 75-100 is about to leave pre-stage and move to staging/starting lanes and jump to the front because you have a lower starting position.  So it sounds like if you show up late after your group has already been moved to the staging/starting lanes then you go to the back.

I'll admit, some racers act like they're out for blood when it comes times for second round to pre-stage.  This is especially true on weekends like this last race because there was a good chance the meet would be called early.  There are also those who camp out (not literally camp but hook up race vehicle to support vehicle and then tow over to pre-stage area and sit and wait) near pre-stage so they can jump in as soon as their number group is called.  If their number is higher up in the number group, anyone who shows up after them with a lower starting position is allowed to jump in ahead of them (if my above interpretation is correct) so long as their number group is still in pre-stage.  Then there are those who show up late with a low position number with the expectation that they can just jump in which I guess they can.  Then there are those who show up waaaay late and want to try and by-pass pre-stage completely and try to jump into the regular staging/starting lanes which looks to be a no-no. 

The pre-stage workers have my sympathy.       
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2012, 06:18:29 PM »
pre stage is always a cluster.... the club that runs it has a vague clue as to its operations.... Lance you can always expect 2nd round to be a free for all... yesterday they called 1 to 50 for second round and the lady blatantly allowed a 60 number to push forward but kicked my#4 to the back of the line.... i thought the older you get the better you should be with numbers....

Offline FADED

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 07:19:50 PM »
SORRY GUYS, I DONT WANT TO SOUND LIKE A WHINER? I rode my scooter up to check pre stage and the cars were entering from all directions and the line was way past the pre stage booth. I went to the pre stage officials (my club members kent :-o) and they said everyone just barged in and they quit. I started looking at numers and I saw a variety from 60 to 204 all mixed and matched. In the past they would call "everyone who still wants to run to staging" but this was usually after 3rd or 4th round. I know it was getting late due to the accident but I wanted another round also. I run consistantly (slow) to try and get a decent starting position but I guess these people deserve it more? In the future I will become one of these "snakes" and if anyone has a problem with me I'll tell them Nathan said I could :cheers:. Karma, everyone snaked and then they spent their time waiting and didnt get to run. We did get one good run in that we were extremely happy with due to our new Airtech aero kit, so it was a good day.   

Offline racekid

• 701 C/GMR LeFevers & Jesel
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 07:30:43 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard there were only 75 entries.

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 08:07:52 PM »
Right, there may have only been 75 entries but the starting line positions will range from one to however many unique entries there have been over the accumulation of the entire season.  If there have been 500 different entries run during the season then there will be 500 different starting line positions (1-500).  If only 10 of those 500 entries show up to the October meet, those 10 vehicles will have starting positions ranging from 1-500.   

Or at least I think that's what you're gettin' at Kevin.  Disregard my comment if you're not.  :-D

El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline azgearhed

• 1979 Z-28 AA/CBGC & AA/CGC & AA/CBGALT
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 08:28:13 PM »
Way to go Ed :cheers:
BC Racing 1979 Z-28
AA/CBGC Record 251.802 Speed Week 2012
AA/CBGALT Record 255.382 Speed Week 2013
AA/CBGC Record 226.104 El Mirage Sept 2015
AA/CBFALT Record 227.954 El Mirage June 2016
AA/CBGC Record 267.878 Speed Week 2018
AA/CBGALT Record 236.458 El Mirage Nov 2016
It's a lot of work to have fun...

Offline roadsterswap

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 08:41:56 PM »
We were in line early. I was polite and (wrong I suppose) to let some of the lower numbers in front of me when I was there very early since I had an aborted run. I respected their numbers. However, a few others did not, and just moved right ahead of others. In fact there was someone with 100+ number telling us to get out of the way so they could go into the 2oo mph lane. We moved out of the way and were chastised. Now because we were polite and let the lower numbers ahead of us, even though they arrived in line later than us, we did not get to run a second round. It was critical for us to get a decent run in. Some numbers that were 10 or more behind us scooted in and ran the second pass. We sat on the starting line for 1.5 hours or so waiting. Great political move by some. Helped some of their friends out and hurt others in the standings. I have never been yelled at by the staging people before, and after I explained they did not make any corrections. Other racers were out right rude. Sad day indeed in my time at El Mirage. My season is over, yes due to our fault and by some politics of others. The pre stage is a cluster F, everyone has their own understanding of what is right and wrong. The lady running it was out right RUDE, and Mean. Print out a procedures guide for staging and line ups for round 2. Right now nobody knows. When the pressure is on, the assholes prevail.

Offline racekid

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 09:13:06 PM »
Roadster swap, I too have dealt with trying to make a second pass at el mirage. In our car club lsr,  we give them on entry to thr club our constitution and the el mirage procedures. btw the 200mph line has nothing to do with the other lanes based what is written in the procedures. Anne lindsley in my opinion is awesome, stern when necessary, and when I had a question about staging she was very nice. I have no problem with purple voicing there opinion on this site but if you want action you ned to go to your club meeting or the scta reps meeting and make your voice heard.

Offline roadsterswap

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2012, 09:20:19 PM »
yeah I know, I know, Venting does not help. Makes me look bad. I have had good experiences with staging. This was just a ragged out of control deal. The rules are not clear. The racers abuse their prestige or authority. I can say that I will continue to be myself and be respectful. I have enjoyed this attitude with many others at events for years. This weekend, felt like any other venue. I am disappointed. I guess I wrongly expected more from people stupid enough to enjoy the dirt and salt.

Offline racekid

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2012, 09:41:33 PM »
In my opinion you have every right to be upset, you did the right thing. I was trying to say  maybe you and your club can come up with a way to enforce the procedures. If you dont like how something is going get involved.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2012, 09:52:38 PM »
Have your clubs work out a better way and have your reps take it to the board and submit it in writing.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah