Author Topic: Bonneville NW Reunion 2013  (Read 31671 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Bonneville NW Reunion 2013
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 09:35:41 AM »
Freud, first of all -- Happy Thanksgiving Day to you and yours.  We're planning on dinner for 9 -- what're you doing?

On to the Reunion.  Not only will I expect to have you put some information on this Forum, but I'll also put the notice on the home page of the site.  That is -- I'll do that if you send it to me.

Over to you, sir.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 12:14:07 PM »
It will be done "on earth as it is in Portland."

THANX

FerD
Since '63

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 08:02:50 PM »
We will be there Freud.  Make sure there is plenty of food.

Offline Freud

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2012, 12:24:49 PM »
Generally food is not a problem at this event.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2012, 12:27:02 PM »
Is it going to be a 'clothing optional' event this year????

:-D

~JH
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Freud

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2012, 12:31:47 PM »
Only if you can't afford clothing.

A coupon for reduced prices at the Salvation Army Thrift Store will be included with the registration form.

The grade school kid that does your welding will show you how to print it.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline F104A

• http://www.landspeed.com
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 05:43:45 PM »
What's your mailing address for the NW Bville reunion check?
Ed

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 09:54:11 PM »
FeRd, hope  it is OK to post this but I'm sure everyone wants the easy path to call the Shilo...  :-D
from the reunion website

Shilo Inn
RESERVATIONS 503 252 7500
National 1-800-222-2244

We have a block of rooms held for us at a reduced rate.
I suggest you call the Portland location, 503-252-7500 and be certain to mention that you are affiliated with the B'VILLE NORTHWEST REUNION.
This rate covers several days before and after the event. Make your reservation as soon as possible.
High Speed Internet is free.

Hey one run, JB and I will drop by to see you, maybe we can find a local beer.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline TwinSpin

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 03:56:24 AM »
I see the NW Reunion is on Feb. 16th at the Shilo Inn. Can I get a hotel number and should I ask for NWBR room rates?

Looking forward to another good time. Rizzy is excited to see that Betty and Tom will be speaking. This will our third time to view the Target 550 Streamliner (Washington, Utah and now in Oregon?)

Our check is in the mail.

Bill and Rizzy

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 10:01:31 AM »
Bill, that info is posted on the other reunion thread and now here as well.

Shilo Inn
RESERVATIONS 503 252 7500
National 1-800-222-2244

We have a block of rooms held for us at a reduced rate.
I suggest you call the Portland location, 503-252-7500 and be certain to mention that you are affiliated with the B'VILLE NORTHWEST REUNION.
This rate covers several days before and after the event. Make your reservation as soon as possible. High Speed Internet is free.

Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 10:02:26 AM »
I think I'll merge the two (running) topics/threads on the Reunion.  This one will be the one that shows -- 'cause it includes the date in the subject line.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline TwinSpin

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 11:47:47 PM »
Stainless - -

Thanks for the heads up on the Shilo Inn number.

BTW, as of tonight, Wednesday Feb 9, the Shilo doesn't have the Banquet "in the system" yet. They said to call back in a few days. She didn't know the group room rate either. Don't worry, we will be there if we have to camp out at the bend in the road. Now, that is my kinda room rate.

Bill

Offline Freud

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 12:54:54 AM »
I'll get that covered Thursday. Sorry for the problem.

I am quite certain that the room rate is $89.00 plus tax.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 11:38:40 PM »
As of 4:00PM Thursday January 10, 2013 the rooms have been released for registration.

I still suggest that you call the Portland number to make the reservation.  RESERVATIONS 503 252 7500

If you have ANY problems with this just call me   425-422-6944   or 425-337-4558

and I wil square it away.

Looking forward to seeing all of you and it's excellent if you bring an extra friend.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2013, 12:46:42 AM »
  Keeping in mind that the Hi-lite of the "pre Reunion" will be the "Marlo's presentation", there are other thing's to do on Saturday morning such as a Tour of the Upper Willamete Valley Wineries*, the great Portland Zoo and it's new baby Elephant (don't take one home), and keep in mind that Portland has more Micro-Breweries per capita than any other city in North America (for you Drunken Louses).
  Also you might want to visit "world famous" VooDoo Donuts and have a Bacon topped Maple Bar, or hit Pine Mountin Bisquet's (spl?) in PDX.
  In Vancouver your best bet is Benny's Hot Rod Cafe on Saint John's road where you can enjopy GREAT FOOD (including Pizza's) while admiring lot's of Speed Memoriabillia on the walls (including a full wall Mural of Bonneville featuring the Geisler/Vail/Hizer Stude, the Macdonald and Pitt's 311 mph Firebird, Ty Baxter's "shoe-box" Comet, and OF COURSE, THE FABULOUS OLD STUD RACING STUDEBAKER!!!!
  Also, Old Stud Racing will open its doors to the weak and infirm, around ............. let's say tenish............ serving concoction's that can heal anything but your wallet................ and continue until its almost too late to cross the I-205 Bridge and land in your "plush dining chair" and enjoy listening to Glen (yawn) and Betty and Tom Burkland (hopefully Betty will tell some great embarassing Tom story's)!
  Admittion to the "fabulous" Old Stud Racing World Headquarters is FREE, however Women may be both molested and disgusted (I am a Batchelor with three cat's, one Golden Retriever puppy, and the result's can only be described as........... well, let's not go there).
  Childen and Pet's (yours) may be eaten and it could get Reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly Ugly if Stainless show's up and steals (or is that Steele's) my wallet again and uses my Sponsor's Visa Card on Hooker's as he has been "wont" to do in the past.
                                                                                                                                Ol' One Run, out..................................

* Even famous French Vineyard's including Droughin are now a part of Oregon's World Famous Pinot Industry.................. Dodge, it's Gooooooooooooood!!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:27:15 AM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury