Author Topic: Production, classic what class?  (Read 2182 times)

Offline Oldspoke

• New folks
Production, classic what class?
« on: October 09, 2012, 09:30:22 AM »
Hello from eastern Canada. New to the site but have been lurking for a few years.
Looking through the rules and still getting as bit turned around.
Looking to run next year in RWB but also would like to run a class.
Herein lies my problem.
I have a 76 Honda CB750, aftermarket seat pan, 4 into 1 exhaust, and pods for each of the 4 carbs (not the original airbox) - cafe racer type set up.
I'll be upgrading the cam, valves, rocker arms and pistons but staying in a 750 cc displacement over the winter...
I'd like to find an ama class to run in so I have unlimited runs to tune the bike for altitude etc and get the best run I can.
Any suggestions?
Willing to add a fairing(s) (partial or full) if that gets me to an ama class such as partial streamline.
Does  changing the oem swingarm to an aftermarket one me out of the production class?
Thanks for any consideration........

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Production, classic what class?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 10:24:06 AM »
If your bike does not appear as stock, as produced by Honda in 1976, then you are in Modified.  If you add any streamlining in front of the rider, then you are in Partially Streamlined.   
So you would probably be Classic Modified Gas or Fuel which ever you choose... then partially streamlined if you add a fairing.

You mentioned non stock swing arm.... if it makes you bike's wheel base more than 10% longer than stock, you will end up in special construction class
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Oldspoke

• New folks
Re: Production, classic what class?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 06:16:49 PM »
Thanks very much for the quick reply.  Looking forward to 2013. :cheers: