Author Topic: FREE TO A GOOD HOME!! (almost)  (Read 5245 times)

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
FREE TO A GOOD HOME!! (almost)
« on: October 01, 2012, 02:25:12 PM »
We've brought an old Suzuki GT380 motorcycle to the salt with us and don't want to take it back home.  A year or so ago I tried selling it here -- and one racer said he would buy it for his son/grandson for a first project bike.  Well - I've never heard from the guy and never got any money from himl, so it's again for sale.

It's a 1974 (according to the VIN tag) bike, 3-cylinder 2-stroke - - the bike with four exhaust pipes and the words "Ram Air System" on the cover over the top of the cylinders.  It's a fairly decent shape, having been stored indoors for the past ten years or so.  The tires look fairly good and will hold air for at least a while, and the bike still wears a Michigan motorcycle plate with 1993 sticker on it.  It ran when parked - had been gone through and got to running half-way decent, in fact.  The owner was the lady that ran the office for me when we owned the medwaste business - her hubby (at the time.  The bike lasted longer than did he :roll:) got it running well enough for her to ride it.

We'd really, REALLY be happy to have it go home with someone else after World Finals, and so - I'll sell it - as a landracing.com fundraiser - to the highest bidder over say - oh, how about $100 or so?  Please make an offer for it.  Remember, though, that we don't want to take it home - you've got to make your own arrangements to get it off the salt and to your desired location.  But that's what buddies are for, isn't it?

Come on over to the SSS pit, on the front row of the pits here at WF, and take a look - or send that buddy of yours to take a gander for you. n Please -- someone take this home so we don't have to abandon it in Wendover.

Final comment:  The bike is in our trailer -- right about where Max wants to sit as he does the streaming audio.  Want good audio?  Get this bike out of his way.  Make your bids here in public - and have at it, ladies and gentlemen.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: FREE TO A GOOD HOME!! (almost)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 07:34:32 PM »
If Francis will haul it home for me I will bid $100.  he should be there Tuesday afternoon!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 08:30:30 PM »
Sparky, you silver-tongued (fingered?) fox.  You're talking (typing) really sweet to me.  But just in case - anyone else?  We're heading out o enjoy (?) the good cosine - or is it fine cuisine - of the greater Wendover metroplex.  I'll check back here later.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 11:05:41 AM »
Well pay backs are a Bitch--- I backed out going to WF with Francis -- so he decided he will not be able to haul the bike back---because he is not going now---lol----so SSS my last hope is Al Eshenbaugh---maybe he has room in his roadster--if you see first ask I will try to call.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 11:21:36 AM »
Oh, sure - here I am with NO TRAILER, NO BRAIN BUCKET, and the BEST BIKING WEATHER FOR THIS LATE IN THE SEASON one could imagine, and you're virtually giving it away.

I don't think it will fit in the back of the Impreza . . .  but I will stop by and take a look at it.

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 01:07:33 PM »
Sparky, I don't know Al E. well enough to know what to look for.  What's the car number?  Or maybe you don't know either -- so what color am I looking for?  Not many people out here this event, so it shouldn't be too much difficulty to find him. 

As for you, Chris - come on, cram it into the hatchback of the car.  Remember that Nancy has an Impreza, too, and we know how much we can make fit in there.  Ah, yeah, you might have to fold down both the front and rear seats to get it in, but that's a minor inconvenience when it comes to a bargain like this.

Anybody else want to bid?  I sure don't want to take it home with us.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 04:03:11 PM »
[size=18SOLD!pt][/size]  George Callaway just came by the pit and bought it for a buddy of his.  Yee-hah, we've got some room back in the trailer.  Thanks, everyone, for your willingness to go along with the effort.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Dave Cox

• http://www.olddeadcars.com
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 07:24:33 PM »
Thanks Jon, I had to have it!

another project..... Hilarious.