Author Topic: What does it take to convert a current NASA/ASA road race car to a LSR car?  (Read 2782 times)

Offline 11Monte

• New folks
Hello,

I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone could help with the above question? I have a fairly new road race car that I would like to convert to a LSR car. Anyone out the done this before? :? Just looking for general info to see if it is possiblewhat it might consist of other tires and I am sure some sort of salt, dirt,dust protection and what class it would run in ?

Thanks for your time.....Steve :cheers:

Offline 55chevr

Re: What does it take to convert a current NASA/ASA road race car to a LSR car?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 08:54:09 PM »
Steve - First of all - Welcome ... I suggest that you post on "Introduce yourself" and tell us a little bit about yourself.  Then buy a rule book.  This a great forum with a lot of extremely knowledgable folks and most will offer help and assistance.   They might even live nearby you.

Joe

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: What does it take to convert a current NASA/ASA road race car to a LSR car?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 09:04:22 PM »
Steve welcome, is a nasa/asa car stock bodied or special bodied like nascar?  if stock bodied, then it is possible if not, then a minor miracle unless you would run time only. 
You could run at several of the mile pavement events, but the salt and dirt don't have classes for cars not based in a production car unless you do special construction... lakester or streamliner. 
As suggested order a rule book and read it until the print falls off.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O