Author Topic: Ohio mile updates- September  (Read 18509 times)

Offline Charlie Chops 1940

• New folks
Re: Ohio mile updates- September
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 07:47:26 PM »
Here's a short report on #974.

First pass Saturday was 210 and a little change. We wanted to check the 2 new chutes and tires. Only one chute opened due to a cable routing issue. We fixed that and added a couple hundred pounds of rear weight to go after some of the wheel spin. We got back in line and were second at the starting line when racing ended at 6 P.M.  We waited a bit in the morning and got back in line about 8:45 after the windshield moisture went away. Hooley ran a 225.7xx, I believe it was, for a new record. Back in line we got another run around noon but due to a malfunctioning tachometer it fell a little shy at 220. Time to call it a day

As others noted conditions were good and some great speeds were posted. The 244 Corvette run was absolutely spectacular! Lots of new cars, at least to me.

Thanks ECTA, and another big thanks to all the traffic control volunteers.

Charlie

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 07:49:12 PM »
Charles, pull that motor over the winter bring it down to Tampa and let's dyno it to see just what HP/Torque you are making. Then you will know mathamatically what you need. I am amazed what these guys find in HP just by documenting the tune up and making incremental adjustments.

Bill

Well the track was awesome as was the weather... I had high expectations and achieved 98.42% results.
I Ran the C motor up a class in B/CGALT , existing record was 174.xxx.. My goal was 200.000 or better.. My best run of the meet was a 196.833 mph. For a new Class Record, but short of my 200 goal... I so wanted two 200 Clubs in the same year...but it was not meant to be.. It was an awesome meet..I want to thank the Out to Lunch Bunch Race Team from Rocky Mount NC,(Robbie, Tim and Travis)  at the last minute they volunteered to come crew for me..also thanks to Mike Rechien and Mike Witt (my Chicago connections..lol) for keeping me focused and encouraged..as well there help in the pits with a few changes.

This weekend proved I only need two things to get my N/A C Motor to 200 mph.
1. More Money 2. 50/75 more HP..

I hope EVERYONE has a great off season,

THANKS TO THE STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS AT ECTA AND THE OHIO FACLITY,, none of us could come play if it was not for ALL OF YOU.

Charles
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 09:04:47 PM »
Bill, I agree about dyno time... RCR is letting me use the new chassis dyno ..it is right next door..we can push the car down to it from the Rod Crafters shop. Thanks for the kind offer..if I do a pro charger or turbos I will sure like to come down there.

Talk soon,

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Kevin G

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 09:44:50 PM »
I'd like to thank everyone that put on the event and everyone there. Got to talk to some cool people and see a lot of great machines. That 244mph vette pass was unreal. Beautiful day. I'll be back.
68 in a 55. Michigan State Police. 98
65 in a 55. Wayne County Sheriff. 02
Loud exhaust. Memphis City Police 03

Offline garrell patterson

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2012, 05:23:03 AM »
Congrats to everyone, I checked on the wilmington weather all week hoping conditions would be great even though I couldn't be there. Charles I have been pulling for you to go 200+ everysince we talked last April but you know it is close now. Congratulation on the Corvette setting I guess is an ECTA top speed record? Being a fourty year Corvette owner, not the same Vette but I wish, I was amazed at the speed you got out of your car.
My heart procedure is over, had a little complication but my truck was in the performance shop for modifications for next April while I was getting a port and polish job on my heart, ain't technology amazing?
Everyone have a good winter , you Geezers keep warm up near the North Pole and Jon, SSS, hope Nancy is healing well,

Garrell
garrell patterson

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 01:52:44 PM »
Wow! What a great time!

Jeff, Bob, and Charles- thanks for the offer of tires!

Hooley, thank you for the tires-they made our weekend! It was great seeing you again, and watching that 225+ mph run!

Thanks to everyone involved with the ETCA-Joe, Donna, Keith, Tonya, Al, and all the racers were great-I can't wait to get back there next fall!
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 06:51:40 PM »
Great seeing everyone, thanks to all ECTA staff and volunteers  :cheers:

Ran my first normally aspirated 200+ pass  :-D

Dean you just continue to leave me without words to describe your success.  What an awesome run.  And James Height making a 210 mph pass on a turbo 650.  Don Hass blows the engine and changes to a second engine for a Sunday run, not to mention winning his class in the Throttle Nation event for the 7th year.  Mark Dotson with the fastest speed in the Throttle nation event.  Yes we set a record and retired the ZX-6rr at that event.  It still holds 3 different Worlds Fastest runs and will always have a place in my home.  We won the 1000cc N/A class in Throttle nation for the 3rd straight year ending up with 5 records set during the event.  OK, yes I hit a cone and the 3/4 marker at about 198 mph and destroyed the body on the ZX-10R.  Found a bump and it unloaded and turned in the crosswind gust.  Just call me cone killer for a while I guess.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 06:59:46 PM »
Let me add my THANKS to the volunteers and the ECTA officials.  Great meet and PERFECT weather.

The truck (named Truck) went 117.86xxx and set the record - for about 2 hours.  The other guy running in the class (sorry - didn't get your name) ran 0.002 mph faster than I did!  I couldn't seem to get any more in spite of several changes in driving technique, etc.  He eventually squeezed off a 119+ and I felt a bit better about that!  At least it was a REAL bump in the record at that point.

Anyhow, it was a ton o' fun and couldn't have been a better weekend (except it didn't work out to chow down with Terry, Lawson and the crew).  This is the last time I expect to run Truck as I have different plan for next year, so he's back to full time DD status.

Looking forward to busy Winter and seeing y'all in the Spring.

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline sabat

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2012, 09:32:41 AM »
We won the 1000cc N/A class in Throttle nation for the 3rd straight year ending up with 5 records set during the event.  OK, yes I hit a cone and the 3/4 marker at about 198 mph and destroyed the body on the ZX-10R.  Found a bump and it unloaded and turned in the crosswind gust.  Just call me cone killer for a while I guess.

SO GLAD you're ok Greg, as we've seen lately, crazy @$% happens to even the best riders- good job keeping it upright.

Congrats (as always) on your success with both bikes, you set so many records that it seems normal. But of course it's not, hard work and $$ and time pays off, WTFG.

The ZX6RR had a great run, it doesn't owe you a thing! 190mph, who knows how many records.

On to bigger and better things for the 1000! :)

Offline Fheckro

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2012, 07:43:54 PM »
Thanks to all the ECTA people who made this year the huge success it was. I had a blast and met so many great people. Sep. was picture perfect. Even though we didn’t  get the G/PRO record ( -.2mph) it was a blast! Congrats to all who did. See you next spring!

Fred
9479 Monza C/CGC
Current record Holder @ 180.000

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2012, 07:57:57 PM »
Charles:

You know the first 500 or so horsepower are cheap compared to that last 50 to 75 HP. Look at the driveline to free up some power. Lightweight oils, dry sump rear end, fluid hubs, scuffing brakes. If you don't switch to a dry sump a vacume pump make help free up some power. We are going to dyno my motor as a baseline and then bolt on a vacume pump to document any improvement in HP. I will let you know. Should be in a week or so.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline jperewitz

• New folks
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2012, 11:31:17 PM »
We had a great time in Wilmington! Thanks to everyone that gives us a place to truely test our machines!! Boy do I love land speed racing! April can't come soon enough!
Fastest woman on American V-Twin - 203.111mph on Bonneville Salt Flats

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2012, 10:52:45 AM »
Great pics Woody!

Thanks for posting them! :cheers:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2012, 11:24:15 AM »
Ya Woody great pics. Is That your liner?
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15