Author Topic: 200 Mile per Hour Club engraved certificate  (Read 5492 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
200 Mile per Hour Club engraved certificate
« on: September 25, 2012, 09:00:32 PM »
Well, now it's official:  Kudos Laser is the official maker/source for these engraved wall plaques showing the certificate you earned when you got into the Club.  The cost is $60 plus shipping, and $10 bucks of that amount will go to the Club as thanks and help to keep it going strong.

Here's how we'll do it:  You'll send a note to me requesting one (or more) of the plaques.  They're 8x10 and mounted on a wood "base" that's pre-drilled for hanging.  When I get that note I'll contact Alison, the Club secretary, so she can confirm that indeed you are a member, and she'll also confirm the record speed that earned you into the Club as well as the date and year of entry.  Once I get that back from her I'll go ahead and engrave the certificate-on-wood and then ship it to you.  Shipping will be about $10.

I know that a good number of you out there in internetland have asked about these, and now - after chatting with Alison and Dan Warner about these -- I can officially offer them for sale.  Let me know how many YOU want, okay?  Thanks.

PS This is the only photo I've got handy as I make up this post.  I'll take a better shot tomorrow and replace this one with the new photo.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 55chevr

Re: 200 Mile per Hour Club engraved certificate
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 10:10:29 PM »
Now that is a work of art ... very nice

Offline dw230

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 11:59:09 AM »
One extra point Slim. The person ordering the plaque(s) MUST be a current dues paying member. No club merchandize can be purchased without first becoming current with the dues. We will allow a family member of a deceased club member to order a plaque as a memorial to the loved one.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 12:57:45 PM »
Fine and dandy, Dan.  I did mention in my first post that we'll be having all the purchasers "vetted" by Alison, but didn't specifically say that the member must be paid in full and all current and all that stuff.  I expect that if said member was behind or something - that Alison would let me know and tell me to not do the cert. 'til she says so.

C U at WF.

Jon a/k/a SSS
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline dw230

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 01:36:31 PM »
Just wanted to be up front with the criteria.

Yep on WF

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 03:36:33 PM »
Here's an elbow-joggle about the engraved certificates:  We're making some now - and will have to re-order the backing - the "substrate" -- soon 'cause we've just about used up our inventory of raw material.  If you're thinking of getting one - let me know so we can have the material on hand.  It takes a while for the stuff to arrive after we order - and once you've placed your order I predict you'll be all excited to get yours as soon as you can.  Order one (or more of them) now, please.  Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 11:31:32 AM »
Wow -- it's already a month and a half since I last mentioned the engraved 200 MPH Club certificates?  You could have fooled me.  I'll remind you here and now that one of 'em would make a fine holiday gift for yourself, the driver/rider of the race vehicle that you crew on, your best buddy that's finally in the Club, your kid that made it into the Club - and so on darn near ad infinitum.  I've made about a dozen of the certificates so far, and the purchaser has used one or another of the above-listed "reasons" for ordering one.  And I can usually get them made and into your hands in less than 10 days.  that means that if you are thinking of making one of the certificates be a Christmas present -- it's time to get your butt in gear and order it.  Remember that part of the deal is me checking with the Club secretary or president to get the official speed and year of admittance - and that is sometimes the longest part of the process.

Let's hear from you so you can give a cool and unique gift.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com