Author Topic: Available Classes (open records?) at Ohio Mile?  (Read 2828 times)

Offline SteveM

Available Classes (open records?) at Ohio Mile?
« on: September 24, 2012, 04:25:25 PM »
I am working on a project which will run in the H/DT class under SCTA rules.

I just sent my payment for an ECTA rulebook, and I'm not familiar with all of the classes which are covered in the ECTA.  I guess I'm too anxious to wait for the rulebook to arrive, so I figured I would ask some questions here.

My goal is to be able to run one of the 2013 ECTA events (either June or July 2013), before venturing to Bonneville later in the year.  I live in Missouri, so the 7 hour tow to Wilmington, OH is much more attractive than the 24 hour tow to Wendover, UT.

Looking at the existing records for the Ohio Mile, I see that there have been some DT records set (looks like C/DT and U/DT have existing records).

My questions are along the lines of - Does the ECTA allow the same classes as SCTA? Are the engine break sizes the same as SCTA? Are the non-listed classes considered Open Records?  Are there minimum speeds to set a record for a given class?

Of particular interest to me is the H/DT class.  Even if ECTA doesn't have an H/DT class, I'd still like to bring my truck and race, to get some good runs in and see if I can get some "real world" speed attempts made.

Not sure if this posting makes much sense, but I figured I needed to get a post on the board.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline ronnieroadster

Re: Available Classes (open records?) at Ohio Mile?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 05:05:03 PM »
Hi Steve
  Welcome to the ECTA. Does the ECTA allow the same classes as SCTA? The answer to your question is yes.  Are the engine break sizes the same as SCTA? The answer to your question is yes. If theres no record shown in the ECTA rule book and on line then its an open record. Look forward to seeing you at Wilmington next year.
 Ronnieroadster
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

LittleLiner

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 01:55:59 AM »
Steve,
ECTA allows you to run in higher displacement classes with smaller engines.  You can enter any DT class with your H/DT from H up through AA.  If you do change classes you pay $50 for first class change then $25 for each additional class change.

Offline SteveM

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 12:26:21 PM »
Excellent news guys.  I look forward to seeing you on the pavement in Ohio.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers