Author Topic: Ohio Mile 2013  (Read 8860 times)

Offline garrell patterson

Ohio Mile 2013
« on: August 08, 2012, 10:48:44 PM »
Have dates been established for the meets in 2013 yet? Trying to set up a schedule and my guys need to schedule days off and a Grandson wants to check football, baseball and wrestling schedule. Last weekend he stayed with us and went to church with us, he came up with a brainstorm on Saturday quote" Paw Paw lets find a car and build a drag race car like you use to have and when you get too old or not able to race anymore I can be  the driver and you can be the owner and crewchief, my Dad said it would be okay". He got his learners permit last month!

Garrell
garrell patterson

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
Re: Ohio Mile 2013
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 06:27:19 AM »
Don't let him push you out of the seat to quickly. :-)
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 04:16:23 PM »
Hey, I don't walk very fast with my walking stick but my brain moves a lot faster than a fifteen year olds but I am glad he is interested in hotrod type cars. Wouldn't take anything for him having been with me at Maxton last Oct. when I set my first LS record and again at Wilmington he was as proud as I was. Most of the young boys around this area are more interested in how many woofers/tweeters are in their KXX or TOXXXX cars than how many c.i. or hp. there is in a car. We may build a car and I will show him what needs to be done because I can't bend over or lay on a creeper and there is no better way to learn than hands on!
See ya next spring,
Garrell
garrell patterson

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 06:56:26 AM »
We are working on a 2013 schedule. There are a lot of events around the Wilmington area to try to avoid!!!
Joe Timney
Retired President of ECTA
President of Delaware Chassis Works
President of FIREFOX Fire Suppression System
www.delawarechassisworks.com

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 06:20:23 AM »
Joe, thanks for avoiding those events as best as possible.  Hotels are already a book early deal or possibly be left out.  BTW, great job this year with some really bad conditions.  all 4 seasons in 3 months, not to mention wind, rain and even a little sleet.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 01:14:04 PM »
Joe the ECTA landspeed record certificates I just received look great we bought nice frames that compliment the color of the certificate, I guess the one from Maxton even though I picked up my speed by almost seven mph at Ohio means the most. I hung them on the wall with all of my NASCAR days trophies, crew member licenses, winners circle pictures at Daytona and Talledega with Jack Roush. Someday when my Grandson takes over the wheel I will have some good memories to look back on and if  anyone needs memories it would be me, thanks.

Garrell Patterson
garrell patterson

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 03:25:05 PM »
GP - Most of us only do this for self satisfaction.  Glad to see you are enjoying the subaru out of it.

JD.

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 10:21:15 PM »
I picked up a copy of HotRod Magazine off a large stack of car mags that I had shown no interest in for over a year, I was still in a wheelchair at that time. It sounds unbelievable but there was an article in it about the ECTA and the Maxton Mile and I promised myself that in Sept. of that year I would be at Maxton and make one pass and do the best I could. Sometime that week I called Joe and asked him what would be involved as far as safety rules and inspections, I think Joe referred me to Keith and I decided to run my truck instead of my Corvette. I started taking driving lessons in the parking lot of the local highschool in the afternoons and weekends and now I am into phase four of modifications to my truck and I wish I could have planned to be in Ohio next Month but if nothing goes wrong I will be there next April.

Garrell
garrell patterson

LittleLiner

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 01:43:26 AM »
Joe/Donna/Keith/Tonya
Any update on ECTA 2013 schedule?
When will registration open for the first 2013 ECTA event?
Thanks, Art

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 06:22:49 AM »
Dates for the 2013 season should be posted by the weekend, waiting for the Airpark approval. We will open up the registration in January.
Joe Timney
Retired President of ECTA
President of Delaware Chassis Works
President of FIREFOX Fire Suppression System
www.delawarechassisworks.com

LittleLiner

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 12:56:57 PM »
Dates for the 2013 season should be posted by the weekend, waiting for the Airpark approval. We will open up the registration in January.

Thanks Joe,
I noticed you have posted the dates in a separate topic . . .http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,11860.0.html

I'll see you in April . . .

Best Regards, Art