Author Topic: World Of Speed: a HUGE thank you to Larry Forstall!!  (Read 4934 times)

Offline entropy

World Of Speed: a HUGE thank you to Larry Forstall!!
« on: September 12, 2012, 09:20:32 AM »
After last year's evil handling salty debacle at WOS, I was in the dumps, but Larry never wavered.

A year of Larry's persistent encouragement and never ending stream of technical tips culminated in Bob Sellers running 225 on a 221 record on my RustBucket Roller.

Lots of people contributed, some were key (i'm not going to mention Ryan Ostergard's or Fred Vance's name here), but Larry is at the core.

Larry,
thanks for making a dream come true :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Your friend,
Karl

Offline JackB750

Re: World Of Speed: a HUGE thank you to Larry Forstall!!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 09:15:43 PM »
Karl,

Speaking for all of us in Larry's extended family I'd like to add my own sincere congrats to you and Bob.

Part of the miracle of being associated with Larry is that we all have stories like your own. Ideas that have been offered, problems that have been solved, encouragement when we think we can't get it done, parts that magically appear in the mail,  and on and on. All of this from one guy who is at the epicenter of more than a few very successful programs.

Congrats again Karl and Bob. And mega thanks to Larry for all he does for all of us!

Jack
PerformanceWerx-Chasing Motorcycle Land Speed Records ;

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 12:24:45 PM »
A big congratulations to Bob and Karl. A rookie rider and a bike that had major handling problems last year. Now a proven bike and a new member of the 200mph club. and a really fast record. Way to go  guys!!

I am sure that I could not have accomplished what I have without Larry as my mentor and partner. He has helped so many of us as the man behind the scenes. Thanks from me and Brenda Sue. :cheers:
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline entropy

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 11:00:06 PM »
Thanks to Jack & Fred!!!

"All of this from one guy (Larry) who is at the epicenter of more than a few very successful programs"

well put!