Author Topic: Multiple Record Holder For Sale  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Avanti Dan

• Going to Bonneville to fill my Bucket List item #4
Multiple Record Holder For Sale
« on: September 11, 2012, 06:56:31 PM »
Sorry but I could not find a way to remove the previous ad before I started a new and currently accurate one.

The former Burke Bros Avanti is for sale and must be sold. Due to health issues and the long term outlook it become necessary to sell the car to keep things going. It is our hope that someone will buy the car with the goal of going to Bonneville next year to celebrate 50 years of racing with this car. Although the car has not been raced every year it has seen lots of action on the salt and at Elmo. Over 20 records set and three still on the books. Car is set up for Classic Altered and Competition Coupe classes. 25% engine set back and straight axle front suspension. Car was modified in 1969 to it's current configuration and is a proven performer. Seven people joined the 200 club in this car and it has gone as fast as 252 mph one way. Holds the C/CBFALT record at 239.208 average.

Car is being sold as a roller minus engine and transmission but can be bought with safety equipment if desired. Also available an open two axle trailer. Car will accept just about any engine/trans combo but has mostly been raced with Hemi's. Asking price is a low $20,000 to own this piece of racing history that can still be raced. PM me to talk details.
Bucket List Dreamer

Offline PackardV8

• New folks
Re: Multiple Record Holder For Sale
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 11:42:00 PM »
AFAIK the car has been sold a couple of weeks back and on it's way east.

jack vines