Author Topic: The new Classic  (Read 3781 times)

Offline Mad Max

• New folks
The new Classic
« on: September 09, 2012, 07:33:20 PM »
I went to Bub ;0) had a great time and met the greatest people in the world. Didn't go as fast as I wanted but there is always next year. My car broke down in the flood and I spent $2600 dollars I wasn't expecting to. I got help from my pit neighbors and all ended well. Thanks to all. I have been trying to figure where the new classic record for my class ended up. I believe my class designation would be 750-P-PC. I could be all wrong so would appreciate any help one might give. I went RWB this year just to get started. Thanks to all the volunteers that made Bub work. Thanks to Betty for the indoctrination ride in the Samurai. I am already planing next years trip.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 07:37:54 PM by Mad Max »

Offline Cereal KLR

Re: The new Classic
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 10:06:01 PM »
I was hoping to run into you out there, but like everyone else, we got hammered by rain and jetting issues. This year is the only year we did not get a chance to visit all the pits and say Hi. The good part is we were able to assist with getting the tracks smooth again by driving hot laps in our box truck, felt good to help out an event that has brought us so much enjoyment.

Glad you had a good time and see you next year!
I thought I would die young, but now its too late.

Offline Mad Max

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 10:54:17 AM »
My son was happy also that he got to run the rental car up and down the track. I think he also was impressed with Emily that worked as a volunteer. We had a great time and I was impressed at the whole program. The staff of volunteers did a remarkable job of keeping things going smooth. I look forward to next year.  I still need info on 705-p-pc. Anybody?

Offline summer heat

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 11:02:13 AM »
I might be off base here as well, but I believe if you only ran RWB there is no record logged.... it's just a time slip.

Offline Mad Max

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 09:37:08 PM »
Yes I know that RWB is time slip only but what I want to know is what record was set in the new classic class? Specifically the 750CC division. Who set it and what type of bike?

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 11:31:57 PM »
Look at the child board "Bub's 2012" on page 17.  Dean was kind enough to organize the run logs.  Look for bikes with the desired class designation.  Look for the fastest set of down and back runs from the same bike.  Average these to get your number.  This is not final.  They would need to pass the record inspection and be ratified.   

Offline summer heat

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 09:48:51 AM »
ok... a little dazed and confused on the new Production Classic class.

I followed as best I could from Indiana the 2012 BUBS action.  Have reviewed the newly posted run logs and am not seeing this PC classification. 

From another thread " The new classic class is going to be very large,so they will hold off the RWB folks Sunday."  so I was expecting volumes of runs/attempts/records on all the open cc classes.

I was excited to hear of this PC and am tooling for 2013, but am confused at lack of action or am I missing something.

Thank you anybody for help in understanding this.

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 02:42:48 PM »
Chapter 12  paragraphs D page 45  - - -  N - O - P & Q pages 48 - 49 - 50 should answer your questions.  All in the 2012 AMA/BUB Suplimental Regulations.
You can easily down load a copy if you don't have one yet.
Hope that helps.    :cheers:
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline summer heat

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 08:34:34 AM »
Thanks for both the replies... I started this new one thinking the other might get lost since it was just a reply.

I got to focused on the "PC" thinking that classification needed to be the one.  CG it is and will now re-read run logs  :roll:

Thanks again for your help.

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 08:22:15 PM »
Reading the run logs may help you decide where you want to be - BUT  Get a rule book and read it.  Or down load one. You should be an AMA member by now - call them and ask for a rule book - its just that easy to answer most all questions one may have during a build.
 In the long run it will save you time and energy. Gotta play by the rules to even start.   :cheers:  Just keep it havin fun.
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline summer heat

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 11:36:58 AM »
I am and have one, but am still very much a rookie with interpretations and understanding of said rules.  Have only been to the salt once, BUBS 2009 RWB and first time tooling for AMA.