Author Topic: Norton Gas / Oil Tanks  (Read 5534 times)

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
Norton Gas / Oil Tanks
« on: September 08, 2012, 12:38:33 AM »
This is a long shot but I thought of posting here also of parts I need to finish my restoration.  I am looking for a prewar Norton International / Manx gas tank and oil tank original or if someone is re-popping them a name and number would be great.  Also need a complete girder fork setup (the bigger model for the 500's).  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline Vinsky

Re: Norton Gas / Oil Tanks
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 11:22:18 AM »
Tony, Good luck finding a genuine tank. They may be producing them in India by now. A friend, Paul Norman who produces a limited list of Manx parts may be able to help. http://www.racingvincent.co.uk/
John Hanson
John

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 12:13:10 PM »
Great link Vinsky.  After scrolling down through those beautiful, beautiful Nortons you get to that Ducati and look at it and go meh!
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 12:46:04 PM »
Tony, this guy is in Decatur, IN [EST]

Dave Kitson -  has some old Brit stuff or maybe can steer you right!

D & A Motorcycle Salvage (260) 724-7055

Good luck!
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline maguromic

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 12:16:21 PM »
John and Woody, Thanks for the tip.  If I could find a drawing of the two I can fab it up, I think the earlier pie crust bottom fuel tanks were brazed together.  Tony

Offline desotoman

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 12:56:52 PM »
Tony,

Any pictures of your bike?

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 02:17:28 PM »
The pie crust tanks were soldered together.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline maguromic

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 10:39:17 PM »
John and Woody thanks for the leads, I will try them.

Tom, My bike is a 1935 Norton International that raced in Singapore, Malaysia and Sri Lanka before the war.  I bought it on one of my business trips over there and its still in the crate after 7 years.  My wife gave me an ultimatum, either put it together or sell it and clear her garage. I think she is tired of seeing the crate in the middle of the garage all these years.

Nortonist, Thanks for the info, if I cant find anything I will start trying to fab one.  Tony

Offline desotoman

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 11:46:13 PM »

Tom, My bike is a 1935 Norton International that raced in Singapore, Malaysia and Sri Lanka before the war.  I bought it on one of my business trips over there and its still in the crate after 7 years.  My wife gave me an ultimatum, either put it together or sell it and clear her garage. I think she is tired of seeing the crate in the middle of the garage all these years.

Tony

Tony,

Those are neat bikes. There was a guy who lived in the Valley here by the name of Carl Mazel. Carl had more parts for those Internationals than anyone I ever knew. Sadly he died many years ago, and no one knows what his wife did with all of his stuff. Carl was a real character, as he would not show you anything until he knew he could trust you. He showed me all kinds of new old stock that he had for the International's and Manx's.

While he was alive, I thought I had him talked into running at El Mirage one of his motors in a special Rickman Frame I bought. When I showed up with the Rickman Enfield I purchased, and started pushing him to get a motor together, he finally said that it was like me asking him if I could have a date with his girlfriend. LOL. Sad part about the whole thing was that Carl died without ever getting his girl together.

I love those bikes, when you get it out of the crate please take some pictures and post them.

Thanks,

Tom G. 
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 11:19:00 PM »
John and Woody thanks for the leads, I will try them.

Nortonist, Thanks for the info, if I cant find anything I will start trying to fab one.  Tony

If you can't find a gas tank I might be able to help. Custom gas tanks are my game.

Offline norso

• New folks
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 07:42:48 AM »
Hi,

I have made a few replica's of this gas tank already, I have still one for sale.

the tank is an exacpt copy of a 1934 iron tank which was used on a international racer, and made out of 2 mm alumium, the pie crust edge should be glue or welded (not included)

please contact me via PM if someone is interrested

regrads
Norso