Author Topic: Thanks to the organizers and volunteers  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Koncretekid

Thanks to the organizers and volunteers
« on: September 05, 2012, 09:33:06 AM »
I would like to personally congratulate the organizers and the volunteers that made the 2012 BUB meet another success.  I know there were delays, but some of the causes were rain, wind, electrical storms that caused the radio communications to fail, and things falling off of bikes, all beyond their control.  GoPro cameras, for instance; at least three of them were found on the course and had to be retrieved.  For heavens sake, the mounts on these things do not appear to be made to be mounted rigidly on a high performance motorcycle (wouldn't even consider it on mine)!
But in spite of the delays and the loss of a day due to rain, I made SIX downruns and FOUR returns, so patience pays off. 
Kudos to Delvine, Linnea, Dennis, and all the others for MAKING MY DAY!
Tom
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
Re: Thanks to the organizers and volunteers
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:46:10 AM »
She never stops moving, that Delvene.  Tried to take a snap shot, she moved.  That's the back of her hat.  Anyway, there is an element of family, an element of camaraderie, an element of a great time blanketed by the seriousness of racing motorcycles on the salt.  Life is easier at a small venue, but the volunteers are as busy as ants in the Garden of Eden.  Hmm, I plan to strike a pose there next year.  Yes, many thanks all around.
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Cereal KLR

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 03:19:31 PM »
Second the kudos to the BUB staff and hardy vounteers. We sat at Mountain 1 for five hours (two weather delays and one comm.failure), and thanks to Ainton, Lugnut and "Mom" the twelve of us stayed sane while eating jelly beans and playing trivial pursuit.

The cameras should have been inspected/flagged/tagged at tech, and as we were grooming the international course after the rains, also noticed plenty of zip ties laying about.
I thought I would die young, but now its too late.

Offline dw230

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 03:26:20 PM »
What if the camera was not mounted when the bike is presented at tech? No rules stating a Go Pro has to be in place at tech.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Cereal KLR

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 06:08:10 PM »
My helmet was teched with the mount on it,and nothing was said. I went thru pre stage with a camera attached no problem.It was at staging an astute BUB volunteer noticed and told me to take it off unless it had been approved and stickered in tech. It was a good call on their part as I had forgotten to do this.

Even with a lanyard and safety wire, I do not want to be the one who could possibly lose anything on the track.
I thought I would die young, but now its too late.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 11:19:20 PM »
Those volunteers and staff put in some long hours each day.  Many thanks for all of the hard work.  We had a great time.