Author Topic: Thank You To Everyone  (Read 2902 times)

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
Thank You To Everyone
« on: September 04, 2012, 09:46:00 AM »
The Harvest Event is in the books for another year.  If you missed this one, start kicking yourself in the....
Great weather especially on sunday.  No pressure and no lines to speak of all weekend.

I just wanted to start out by thanking all of our volunteers.
The Dalys for running the show, Steve and his car tech crew, George and Judy for bringing up 50 lobsters and 20lbs. of steamers for the volunteer cookout, George Judy and Todd for keeping the timing equipment up and running all weekend.  Doug for being the putty that fills in every hole in the operation.  Tom for kepping the computer systems going.  Marvin for running the line. Josh for bolting his foot to long shutdown all weekend.  Limestone fire and rescue for all of their assistance.  People probably would not be so comfortable at these speeds if not for your attentiveness.

Next to all of the Racers.  Not a single breakdown, spot of oil, or part left on track all weekend.  We had a great bunch that really had their gear tuned in and wired tight.  We only had one car stolen when registration loaned a Volvo S80 to a rider to go get parts and he took the nearest Ford Focus instead. Luckily it came back.

It was a small event and everyone was smiling all weekend.  341 runs with an average speed at the mile of 148 and the 1.5 mile of 147.

If I forgot anyone, I apologize.

Take care and I hope to see you all soon.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:53:40 AM by blackslax »
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline 55chevr

Re: Thank You To Everyone
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 05:10:29 PM »
341 runs ... and Greg Neal only had one bike.

Offline roadracer

• TLN Motorsports/KWS/Brock's/DCW/Vortex/WWB
    • TLN Motorsports
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 05:40:07 AM »
I got it Joe.  :-)  Thanks to all of you that made it possible.  We were really on the fence whether we would make it or not with all the additional expense of repairing the ZX-6rr.  I am so happy we were there.  204.791 mph is the fastest 1 mile speed ever for our ZX-10R.  We only picked up to 206.542 at the 1.5 mile as I couldn't keep temperature in the bike to make power on the big end.  That tells you how nice the temps were.  Tim, Mark, Linda and all the Dalys made this event special.  Looking forward to next year.

And Joe D.  I think Cliff and young Joe had at least 20-25 runs on the Suzuki alone.
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6rr (Worlds Fastest standing mile and 1.5 mile)
2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R (4 200 MPH Clubs)
2008 Kawasaki EX-250R (Multiple ECTA and LTA records)
131 Land Speed Records set since 2008
125 Land Speed Racing records (including 3 Worlds Fastest Speeds) set since 2008.

Offline greencar

• greencar
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 09:17:58 PM »
Had a great time at the event. I have the green 55 Chevy from New Jersey. The event was well run and everyone was very helpful.
I have to especially thank the team who lent me a helmet for the event. They had no idea who I was but stepped forward and lent me a helmet.
I have to thank the three people from Connecticut who took me under their wing and made for a great first experience.
Plan to see everyone next year.
All The Best
Ed

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 07:57:34 AM »
we had a fantastic time with great weather.
got 9 runs in and could have had many more. but, new bikes need debugging.

87 hours from a bare frame on Friday 8/24 to firing it up on Thursday 8/30.

many thanks to tim and mark and all the volunteers that made the event run so smoothly.
and a belated thank you to bob wanner for having the vision to get it all started. ( and that goes for the heads of ecta. )

looking forward to harvest event '13.

bill franey

bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007