Author Topic: Time is ticking.....  (Read 6264 times)

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

Time is ticking.....
« on: August 30, 2012, 01:41:33 AM »
6 days till we go to WOS!!!

This is my first WOS event and am very excited to get to the salt this year.
Everyone is welcome to come hang out in our pit. We ALWAYS have a nice selection of craft cured and dried meat snacks, beverages AND lucky avocados (<I am not joking about the before mentioned......).

Our pit is a clothing optional pit and while 'typically' I remain clothed (*can not speak directly for my crew) YOU will not be judged nor shunned for donning natural wares if that is your fancy. We also do no discriminate on the basis of religion, race, sex, political affiliation (Ok, Nazis and fundamentalist jehadist will be dealt with accordingly) or any other aspect of world wide society is accepted.

This year we have a brand spanking new motor, turbo and are geared and have the HP for 255+.....but are only 'really' looking for 4 runs at 206 mph and plan on doing that in 5th gear......We have also cleaned up many ugly stuff and things the tech inspectors have been on the fence about.....

I would also like to congratulate Team McLeish for besting my H/FMS record. Its nice to see someone else running in our class.....and....I have every intent on getting that record over 200 next SW [it always was after we got our hats with the blower]! (*and I am always there for you guys if you need to borrow parts or have questions. I am not joking....).

6 more days till we embark..... Holding my breath!!!!!

~JH

jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
Re: Time is ticking.....
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 01:47:52 AM »
Whoa!  You've been BUSY!

Nice work, Jonny.

BE CAREFUL IN IMPOUND!  :wink:
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 06:42:36 AM »
JH,
  Looking foward to meeting you and your avacado(s).  :evil:

Sam
Turbo Sportsters since '97

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 09:51:06 AM »
That instrument cluster looks better than it did at the hardware store!   :mrgreen:

When are you planning on getting Dan his tattoo? 

:cheers:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 12:18:09 PM »
What size speakers are you using for that stereo.. nice looking work johnny

Frank.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline dw230

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 01:21:31 PM »
He needs the 250+ record before I get my first tat.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 02:47:48 PM »
He needs the 250+ record before I get my first tat.

DW

This year we have a brand spanking new motor, turbo and are geared and have the HP for 255+....but are only 'really' looking for 4 runs at 206 mph and plan on doing that in 5th gear

Yep.  Just wondering, you understand.   :mrgreen:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline TAKERRY

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 03:44:47 PM »
! want to wish everyone a safe and exciting time at the World of Speed. I cannot begin to explain the wonderfull time I had last year. Driving cross country and making it into the 130 club. I now wear the patch proudly on my car show shirt. This year we were supposed to leave today and run for the 150 club. I had a rude awakening in April at the ECTA meet in Ohio when I melted mytransmission. Found out how expensive a weekend can be with a U-Haul truck and trailor rental. Got a new trans built ready to go went back to Ohio ran 137mph 6700rpm 3.73 gear. NO OVERDRIVE. Now I'm really not having any fun. Froze in April. 105 in July. Any way met some wonderfull people and love it. Ruined my Bonneville plans so it will give me more time to prep for next year. I try and keep tabs on everyone thru this forum. THANKS SLIM. Ray I look forward to your bloggs on the Monte Carlo. If you see the boys from the Hot Rod and Gun Club let me know. For those first timers or if you haven't gone. GO!this was one of the highlights of my life.
Counting the days until next year
Kerry Friedman
No trailer ran 135mph at the World of Speed 2011 see you in 2012 in Ohio and back at Bonneville at the world of speed going for the 150club 1979 Firebird T/A White . Ck out YOU TUBE. KERRY AT BONNEVILLE. Didn't  make 2012,2013,2014. ECTA in Ohio 2012 trans went out and 2013 fuel problems . Still trans and fuel problems. Finally all looks good. Ready to drive (no trailer) 1500 miles to Bonneville and It's cancelled. NEXT YEAR. SEPT. ECTA RAN 144 MPH. GETTING BETTER. 2021 Ran 152 fulfilled a ten year dream to make the 150 club.

Offline TAKERRY

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 03:59:06 PM »
OOPS! FORGOT
Glad to hear Nancy is Ok. The one negative to reading the forum that Nancy had a tumble. Wish her well and thanks again
Kerry
No trailer ran 135mph at the World of Speed 2011 see you in 2012 in Ohio and back at Bonneville at the world of speed going for the 150club 1979 Firebird T/A White . Ck out YOU TUBE. KERRY AT BONNEVILLE. Didn't  make 2012,2013,2014. ECTA in Ohio 2012 trans went out and 2013 fuel problems . Still trans and fuel problems. Finally all looks good. Ready to drive (no trailer) 1500 miles to Bonneville and It's cancelled. NEXT YEAR. SEPT. ECTA RAN 144 MPH. GETTING BETTER. 2021 Ran 152 fulfilled a ten year dream to make the 150 club.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 04:21:30 PM »
Kerry, she's driving the truck right now - as I type - as we're southbound on I-15 getting near the Idaho/Utah border.  We'll stay in SLC tonight and get to Wendover tomorrow mid day -- so there's your update on her recovery from the high side.  She won't ride the bike at the WoS -- still sore.  But dang it, someone's got to see what last winter's horsepower injection has done, so I guess I'll get to bite the bullet and see what the bike'll do.  Yee-HAH!

Best wishes - and we look forward to hearing more of your own adventures.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com