Author Topic: Lakester project for sale  (Read 2064 times)

Offline salta77

• New folks
Lakester project for sale
« on: August 30, 2012, 01:29:43 AM »
I have a lakester project for sale.  Overall length is 216", wheel base is 192", rear track is 44", front track is 48".  Power is rebuilt GMC 270.  Tranny is chev rebuilt power glide, rear end is a narrowed chrysler.  Included:  torque converter, new harness system, quick release steering wheel, new circle wheels(rear), new rear tires, auto meter gages, plus extra items.  A single axle covered trailer is included.  This is a vintage dragster trailer that has been renovated and is in top shape.  A miscalculation  in the lakester's length won't allow the ramp/rear door to close all the way.  It will work this way, but the rear of the trailer needs to be lengthen about one foot to work correctly.  Adding a second axle wouldn't be a bad idea also.  The tranny and power glide were taken from a 60/70's dragster, as was the front axle and wheels and tires.  This is a good project that I can not finish.  $16,500 takes it all.  Possible that a GMC 302 may come available.  Allen at riversalt7@gmail.com  I can email photos as I can't seem to do it here......
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:32:45 AM by salta77 »