Author Topic: WANTED ~ LAKESTER ROLLING CHASSIS  (Read 8845 times)

Offline jl222

Re: WANTED ~ LAKESTER ROLLING CHASSIS
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 11:34:27 AM »
Ever since Jolliffe told me a lakester is good for 80 mph over a street roadster I can't get it out of my head...   of course I think he'd had a couple of martinis when he said it, so we need to find out for ourselves.   :-D

Ron said THAT!!!??? ...... hmmmmm..... what is the C/STR record in relation to the C/GL record? I guess that 310mph is NOT out of the question for the lakester then.....

....taking it from a "Rocket Scientist" anyway....

Joe Law..C/BGL.....337.133
  Joe Law..C/BSTR...244.230
                             92.903  Looks like Ron was being conservative :-o

JL222

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 01:29:23 PM »
Except that a decent blown gas C motor is making what, 1500-1800hp? That's 10 times more power than the flathead bangers we're playing with. I think the  potential speed increase is scalable to the power you're working with.

Here's a perfect apples-to-apples comparison; the Kowalski crew ran a very trad looking A street roadster and went 120 with an n/a banger. Then they took the exact same motor and put it in their little belly  tank lakester and went 140. Mind you they did this swap during Speed Week. When you're working with 100-150hp the speed gained by going from a brick to a dart isn't going to be as big.

Just sayin'...
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline fastman614

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 05:18:50 AM »
Ever since Jolliffe told me a lakester is good for 80 mph over a street roadster I can't get it out of my head...   of course I think he'd had a couple of martinis when he said it, so we need to find out for ourselves.   :-D

Ron said THAT!!!??? ...... hmmmmm..... what is the C/STR record in relation to the C/GL record? I guess that 310mph is NOT out of the question for the lakester then.....

....taking it from a "Rocket Scientist" anyway....

Joe Law..C/BGL.....337.133
  Joe Law..C/BSTR...244.230
                             92.903  Looks like Ron was being conservative :-o

JL222

Well, John, I was talking UN-blown...

No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.