Author Topic: Bub's 2012  (Read 168965 times)

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: Bub's 2012
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2012, 02:19:57 PM »
  I believe she has a few more mph in that battery.

Mox,

After seeing the liner and talking to the crew at Loring I have to think there is quite a few more than a few more mph there.....  Go, Go, Eva and team!

Audio coming in loud and clear here on the ridge, thanks to all who make it possible.  Unfortunately I have to get back to the life stuff now, will be checking back later.

Ed

Offline Oldanontheway

« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2012, 02:27:17 PM »
Pulling for you, Eva. Show'em what you can do!

old....
Political correctness is a spineless character flaw that emboldens the enemies of freedom, tolerance and peace.

This ain't your mothers cookie cutter motor sport like NASCAR or NHRA.. +10

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2012, 02:40:10 PM »
Last year at Shootout, Erin and Andy Sills were riding two up back & forth quite a few times.  Today Andy averaged 204.782 riding solo on the same BMW S1000RR.  Fast couple in a lot of fast company.
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2012, 02:41:36 PM »
Al Lamb still fastest of the meet @ 231& change.

Offline bak189

« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2012, 03:06:09 PM »
Jon, really glad to hear Nancy is doing better.....Talked to the FIM people yesterday....they are looking forward to some fast times at the Cook Meet
213mph in a electric sidecar streamliner....outstanding.....It would be great if she got the dollars for the fastest sidecar liner....but one has to remember,
there is still the Vincent sidecar liner, Renwick liner, Anderson liner, all sidecars.
Question authority.....always

Offline SLCMike

• New folks
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2012, 04:31:21 PM »
Are you going to post some times soon, has Max run again????????????

Offline JonAmo

« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2012, 04:49:18 PM »
Max ran once today again only to the two mile under direction. I smell something not right with the fuel system, as much as we want them to take the full pass it is wise in what they are doing. Alot went into those motors and combination for this time out. Halmuth did a fantastic job building, fabricating, assembly, designing and got half the country to pitch in on work on the engines. Havent talked with Stainless today yet but when I do I will post what their progress is.

Jon

Offline SLCMike

• New folks
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2012, 05:01:43 PM »
I just want it to happen for them, it's good to take the calculated approach instead of the bonzai blow it up method.  I need to learn patience.  :|

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2012, 05:05:47 PM »
  Slim, glad to hear Nancy is healing, and the good news is that I know she can't possibly fall asleep and drown in the hot tub thanks to "adequate" flotation devices (sorry Nancy, but I only state obvious and "true" facts).
  I look forward to seeing all of you at the WF's and I WILL be there (although I may not run unless I can gather a crew).  
  As some of you allready know, I left my race car and trailer in Wendover at Speedweek after a Story that is typical of my recent luck.
  Anyway, whether it is racing or b.s.ing, I hope to see all of you in October.
 p.s.  Jon Amo, are you not at the Bub's?  I hope to see you and S.S. at the W.F.'s in October, and hope Kaillani and the kid? or kid's? are doing great. (with you youngsters, one never knows about familly size)!
  Anyway, it sound's like the Bub's have survived the weather, and thanx to Moxnix and helpers (if any), have helped to promote our shared sport and take it to a even higher level.
                                           Bob (who doesn't know a dang thing about Motorcycles, but shares in the excitement that you craizy folks have and DO provide us mortal's).
                                   Keep on Kicking Accura (see Slim, I can self censorize)!!!!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:11:36 PM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury

Offline JonAmo

« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2012, 05:20:17 PM »
No im not at BUB's. But I will be flying out to Stainless and Lindas on Thursday before Stainless gets back from the salt to finish the streamliner. Last minute motor changes have cramped us for time. But if all go's well and finish the motor on Friday, we can get some last minute Dyno tuning on Stainless's new Dyno. Then I fly back home Sunday and we are pushing for WOS.

Jon

P.S. Did the audio feed go offline??? Havent been able to get on in about an hour????

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2012, 05:21:30 PM »
Hoyspot crashed, is back on.  I need a sat link.

Offline dw230

« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2012, 05:23:34 PM »
I was in a phone conversation a few minutes ago and was told someone went down and flown out with multiple broken bones. Do we know who?

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2012, 05:55:38 PM »
   SLCMike, first of all I hope and pray the rider D.W. mentioned is o.k.
   Secondly, your mentioning Banzai runs reminds me of my one and only visit to the World Finals (four or five years ago).
   The weather was ideal, cold, clear, and decent salt (it snowed three days earlier and the event was set back by one day).
   Opening morning was great, everyone was warming up their engines which were all set on kill (if memory serves the density altitude was around 3400').
    Long story short, many of us "hot shots" dialed in "KILL" on the dash knob, and did in fact hit "KILL" by being a tad bit gready.
    When you wait a lifetime for "mineshaft" conditions, it is hard to show restraint, and although my problems were of a mechanical nature not attributable to tuning, I probably would have joined many others in "Turning the knob one click too far" if having gotten a second run.
  Boy, it is really hard to have restraint on the throttle pedal when conditions are good and I guess that's what set's appart the Great Drivers from the rest of us.   Bob

Bob Drury

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2012, 06:48:37 PM »
Having a live broadcast is awesome. Looking forward to other events that we can't always make it too. Good job Max and announcers. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline JonAmo

« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2012, 06:54:02 PM »
I can tell you this I have been so productive at work its not funny. I put on audio with earphones and go to work, I am not distracted at all by conversations going on around me etc. So working has been most enjoyable, getting alot of work done, listening to racing, it really has been fun. Great feature to bring to the website. Everybody who has a hand in it, thank you.

Slim talked about a microphone in earlier threads about some fancy microphone that only pics up sound when you speak into it, I don't think that would be good then we wouldnt be able to hear the engines roaring down the track. Whatever they are using now, is perfect.

Jon