Author Topic: Look out Ladies,  (Read 5960 times)

Offline Graham in Aus

Re: Look out Ladies,
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 01:10:19 AM »
Many Happy Returns Freud, from us all 'downunder'

Keep giving 'em hell' 'mate' !  :cheers: :cheers:

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 01:29:45 AM »
I've got the interview mic which records on a memory card, 2GB gives about 29 hours.  I have 16GB.  I may not live to use it all.  I have an idea: 
What if some interviews with interesting LSR folk are actually recorded, and we use them to fill empty space on the webcasts, BUT, we also make them available to be copied and sold over at the new museum in their gift shop to help raise $?  I've long felt an historical archive would of words spoken by many people would be great.  I am not a copyright attorney, nor do I play one on TV, so any feedback in that area will be appreciated.  Especially if we get to webcast stuff.
I was born in Everett General, down the road from you, Dr. Freud.  It was not traumatic.  However, going there to visit my mother is.  Hope to come record you someday.

Cheers,
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 01:54:37 AM »
Cheers, Doc. Have to add my voice to the mix. Cheers to Kepner too. Had no time to visit with him this year. Met his better half tho, and was also told that there are currently no rabbits at their residence. Takes only a little bit of stretching to link that with your knickers in the air comment.Good to catch up just a bit at the Smithsonian Salt Exhibit this year... :-D :cheers:

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 08:35:08 AM »
All the best Dr. Freud! Enjoyed your work in the old days in the magazines and I continue to do so in this more modern age on the internet. Keep it up! (With however many entendres that may include.)  :roll: :roll: :-D

Pete

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 08:42:55 AM »
[move]Happy Birthday!  Happy Birthday to you![/move]

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

gkabbt

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 09:14:59 AM »
I met the Doc and his sidekick Kepner at Speedweek 2009. What a pair!!!..... :-D

I read one of the Doc's "stories" (about the best rental car) here on the forum and several other snippets asking the Doc to expound and gave me quite a few laughs. But I can say, that my one time talking to him, I did see a soft and compassionate side in a story he told me about a family of birds.....very touching.

Happy B'Day Dr. Freud and MANY, MANY more.  :cheers:

Gregg

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 02:29:29 PM »
Happy Birthday, Freud. It was an honor for Celia and I to finally meet you last week. :cheers:
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean