Author Topic: Bob McMillan - SDRC  (Read 2541 times)

Offline 836dstr

Bob McMillan - SDRC
« on: August 18, 2012, 01:01:30 PM »
It took me a while to decide to write this because I do not have any of the facts other than SDRC Sgt-at-Arms passed away @ Speedweek. Mark Lintner called it in yesterday and our Club Secretary sent out a brief and very SAD E-mail!

Bob (known to many as "Fuzzy Bob") was a really good automobile photographer and covered all sorts of Car Events and Races. Bob may be best remembered in SDRC as the guy that would always be the first one to step forward and take a patrol duty or fill in where ever he was needed. He had stepped up to take the position of Sgt.-@-Arms when the position was unmaned.

I first met Bob at the 2000 Speedweek. I was in the SDRC pits and getting ready to head for town when he asked if he could get a ride. I said sure but that I would be stopping at Lands End to get the rental car washed down. He said no problem. While waiting in line Bob disapears but then comes bact with 2 cold beers. I knew this guy was all right.

One last story; In addition to endlessly taking picture and helping out in the pits or at the starting line, Bob had a desire to run Mark Lintner's Corvette at El Mirage. About 4 or 5 years ago Bob was in the drivers seat. He went through the lights at I'm guessing about 180 MPH under full power. He not only went out the "back door" he went across the "back yard" and decided to shut it down out in the pucker bushes. That proved to be the end of Mark's fancy new front air dam. Bob went from being "Fuzzy Bob" to "Bushy Bob".

Bob will truely be missed for his spirit of always wanting to help.

I hate writing these things, but Bob deserves to be remembered!

Tom
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 01:03:02 PM by 836dstr »

Offline 836dstr

Re: Bob McMillan - SDRC
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 11:27:06 AM »
A brief correction:

Bob passed away at home. He did not attend Speedweek because he was not feeling well.

Tom