Author Topic: How long in line?  (Read 6516 times)

Offline Mad Max

• New folks
How long in line?
« on: August 17, 2012, 07:04:09 PM »
Ok I'm new to this. After tech and all is done. It's time to go down the salt. I'm RWB. I assume you get in line and wait your turn, correct? So, how long can one expect to be in line? I've heard stories of being in line all day and not getting to run. Is this fact or fiction? :?

Offline Cereal KLR

Re: How long in line?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 10:57:42 PM »
That is fiction. Depending on conditions, which can include wind/breakdowns/or being bumped to allow liners to run if everything is perfect, lines can move quick (45 minutes or so) to several hours. My advice is get out there at sun up and get in line. Bring water and a good attitude. Walk around and meet great people,check out the fantastic machinery you will see nowhere else. Offer to help if someone needs it, good juju is always a plus.

Last message I received RWB will be held off the first day of event due to large new "classic" class. Should be a great turn out this year,come on by and say Hello. We will be in the front row flying a San Francisco Giants banner.
I thought I would die young, but now its too late.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 09:04:13 AM »
That was true 4 years ago ... But, then they completely redesigned the process and now it is efficient ... early in the week you can get 2 runs a day and later in the week more.  Last day afternoon, you can hot lap.

Joe

Offline TURK

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 06:17:08 PM »
We aready got a "Mad Max"  the well known Max Lampky, to save confusion a new handle might be good.---Turk-----ps-- welcome to the tribe.
Kansas Margareta,mix methanol & salt add one Harley

Offline Freud

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 06:42:40 PM »
TURK, I agree with you. Streamliner MAD MAX deserves that identity.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 11:09:59 PM »
At BUB you drive to a prestaging lane and await your turn to be sent to your staging area.  Sometimes folks forget to tell the prestage officials and get their number written on their clipboards.  They are not officially in line and they wait for a very long time.  The thing to do is to get on the list the first thing when you get in the prestage line. 

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 05:42:20 PM »
I humbly agree with Turk & Freud  -    Streamliner MAD MAX Lampky deserves that identity.  No slight ment, just common sense.    :cheers:
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline Vinsky

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 06:45:45 PM »
The real Mad Max Lambky will be back with the Black Lightning Streamliner at the Shoot out next year. Either as owner / crew chief, or just as crew chief.  Old soldiers never die.
Hartmut just broke his collar bone motocrossing but has lots of time to heal.
John

Offline Mad Max

• New folks
My Handle
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 07:05:23 PM »
I have a small business I run out of my garage...Mad Max Machines, LLC.I recycle old motorcycles. My motorcycle proudly wears the name Mad Max. I'm sorry if it upsets anyone that I used the handle Mad Max but as far as I knew it was a movie. If someone else already has that handle they shouldn't have let me have it when I signed on here. I apologize for upsetting anyone.

Offline Freud

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 03:02:58 PM »
How would he have had any control while you were typing it?

Be polite and respect your elders.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline makr

• I make my own rules
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 10:45:18 PM »
Rofffllleee!!!111

Freud you are trolling.
Ride fast, safety last.

https://speedofcheeseracing.com/